Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Incoming Telegraphic Transfers

Incoming Telegraphic Transfers

Old May 16th 2009, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light
Default Incoming Telegraphic Transfers

Sent some money via TT to my girlfriends bank in AD (RBS). They have told her a TT will take 7 - 14 days. Is this standard shitty practice for all banks or just RBS? It only takes 3 days for a TT to reach Australia from UAE.
Old May 16th 2009, 8:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Incoming Telegraphic Transfers

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
Sent some money via TT to my girlfriends bank in AD (RBS). They have told her a TT will take 7 - 14 days. Is this standard shitty practice for all banks or just RBS? It only takes 3 days for a TT to reach Australia from UAE.
no idea, why didn't you to Western Union? do you have them down there?
Old May 16th 2009, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
no idea, why didn't you to Western Union? do you have them down there?
yea i ended up having to send some western union because its urgent. Just never heard of a TT taking 1 - 2 weeks.
Oh and I dont usually use WU because the rate and fee is higher than doing an online TT.
Old May 17th 2009, 4:02 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I have never heard of a TT taking 7-14 days. Technically it is a virtually instant transaction.

-
Old May 17th 2009, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Meow
I have never heard of a TT taking 7-14 days. Technically it is a virtually instant transaction.

-
Perhaps laziness in her bank itself then? Ive never had a telegraphic transfer from australia to hong kong, to USA, to malaysia or incoming to australia take more than 4 days.
Old May 17th 2009, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future

Not laziness.... its use of your money without paying any interest
Old May 26th 2009, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

RBS has now told my partner an incoming foreign currency TT takes up to TWENTY EIGHT international working days. I give up.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

How can my partner make a complaint to RBS UAE? She has been lied to multiple times regarding her incoming telegraphic transfer (26 days without receiving and counting) and they have not offered to trace the money (even though when I called thats the first thing the guy said they could do). Unfortunately every time she tries to talk to the guy I spoke with she gets told he is busy. I think its typical middle eastern racism/sexism at work again (mere fact that they dont want to talk to her and lie outright to her).
Old Jun 6th 2009, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

RBS are thieving b@$7%**$ - my Central Bank transfer from their Dubai branch to another bank in Dubai didn't go on the same day. I kicked up a huge fuss (including going to Gulf News, Central Bank etc etc) and they compensated me with one day's interest to shut me up....lol. After that incident, I closed my account the next day. International SWIFT transfers shouldn't take more than 3-4 days (if there is a weekend in between).

Think they're short of money so just hanging on to the free float ....thugs