Inciting Hatred

Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inciting Hatred

Originally Posted by Rog_Rams
Wait till Biggus Dickus hears of this!
PMSL, just like Incontenentia Buttocks
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:00 am
Camel Spotting

Bubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud of

Vewy Well, welease Woger!

No, I'm Brian and so's my wife
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:31 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Why isn't naming your child after the Prophet offensive and disrespectful?
There's a distinction drawn between naming people and naming things after the Prophet.

I guess the whole "graven image" thing in Christianity would be similar.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR
There's a distinction drawn between naming people and naming things after the Prophet. It's their religion, they make the rules
The convention on naming varies from place to place in the Muslim world, too. Amongst my folks, the convention is that the name "Mohammed" cannot be used alone, it must be combined with another name - e.g. Mohammed-Ali, Mohammed-Abbas etc. It's just a respect thing.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:45 am
Greying Member

Rog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
The convention on naming varies from place to place in the Muslim world, too. Amongst my folks, the convention is that the name "Mohammed" cannot be used alone, it must be combined with another name - e.g. Mohammed-Ali, Mohammed-Abbas etc. It's just a respect thing.
Again, and in all seriousness, to my way of thinking, The Python boys had this whole subject sorted - for Jehovah below, read Mohammed, or Jesus, or Diego Maradona or whatever other idol one cares to worship.

Matthias: Look, I don't think it should be a sin, just for saying "Jehovah".
[Everyone gasps]
Jewish Official: You're only making it worse for yourself!
Matthias: Making it worse? How can it be worse? Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah!
Jewish Official: I'm warning you! If you say "Jehovah" one more time (gets hit with rock) RIGHT! Who did that? Come on, who did it?
Stoners: She did! She did! (suddenly speaking as men) He! He did! He!
Jewish Official: Was it you?
Stoner: Yes.
Jewish Official: Right...
Stoner: Well you did say "Jehovah. "
[Crowd throws rocks at the stoner]
Jewish Official: STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT RIGHT NOW! STOP IT! All right, no one is to stone _anyone_ until I blow this whistle. Even... and I want to make this absolutely clear... even if they do say, "Jehovah. "
[Crowd stones the Jewish Official to death]
Old Nov 29th 2007, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Again, and in all seriousness, to my way of thinking, The Python boys had this whole subject sorted - for Jehovah below, read Mohammed, or Jesus, or Diego Maradona or whatever other idol one cares to worship.

Matthias: Look, I don't think it should be a sin, just for saying "Jehovah".
[Everyone gasps]
Jewish Official: You're only making it worse for yourself!
Matthias: Making it worse? How can it be worse? Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah!
Jewish Official: I'm warning you! If you say "Jehovah" one more time (gets hit with rock) RIGHT! Who did that? Come on, who did it?
Stoners: She did! She did! (suddenly speaking as men) He! He did! He!
Jewish Official: Was it you?
Stoner: Yes.
Jewish Official: Right...
Stoner: Well you did say "Jehovah. "
[Crowd throws rocks at the stoner]
Jewish Official: STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT RIGHT NOW! STOP IT! All right, no one is to stone _anyone_ until I blow this whistle. Even... and I want to make this absolutely clear... even if they do say, "Jehovah. "
[Crowd stones the Jewish Official to death]
LOL - I share your irreverant views but were I to push militant logical positivism down the throats of others it would be a little hypocritical don't you think?
Old Nov 29th 2007, 8:26 am
Greying Member

Rog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of light

LOL - I share your irreverant views but were I to push militant logical positivism down the throats of others it would be a little hypocritical don't you think?
Indeed - live and let live.

Though am thinking of changing my sig to a quote by Voltaire, in order the brighter sparks can suss out one's views!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Indeed - live and let live.

Though am thinking of changing my sig to a quote by Voltaire, in order the brighter sparks can suss out one's views!
He has many gems - I think I've invoked him at least once on the Board!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 8:41 am
Greying Member

He has many gems - I think I've invoked him at least once on the Board!
There we are - that should sum it up.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There we are - that should sum it up.
Beautiful. What a guy.

The libertine:
Prejudices are what fools use for reason.

The melancholy:
I have lived eighty years of life and know nothing for it, but to be resigned and tell myself that flies are born to be eaten by spiders and man to be devoured by sorrow.

And the misanthrope:
Our wretched species is so made that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:00 am
Greying Member

Beautiful. What a guy.

The libertine:
Prejudices are what fools use for reason.

The melancholy:
I have lived eighty years of life and know nothing for it, but to be resigned and tell myself that flies are born to be eaten by spiders and man to be devoured by sorrow.

And the misanthrope:
Our wretched species is so made that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road.
Yup, great stuff.

Mine always comes to mind whenever ANYONE, with whatever line of thinking, discusses 9/11, Israel / Palestine, suicide bombers etc. etc. And quite often on Fridays and Sundays!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

mick123 has a brilliant futuremick123 has a brilliant futuremick123 has a brilliant futuremick123 has a brilliant futuremick123 has a brilliant futuremick123 has a brilliant future

Mohammed, the Teddy Bear at the center of this, was stone to death in the central square in Khartoum yesterday.

R.I.P. Teddy

mick
Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mick123
Mohammed, the Teddy Bear at the center of this, was stone to death in the central square in Khartoum yesterday.

R.I.P. Teddy

mick
awww...it's always the innocent ones they take it out on, sadly...

MM, xx
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

there's actually a different pronounciation of mohammed and muhammad... the difference is slight but that's how they can get away with naming people with mohammed...

its kinda like the difference in arabic between qalb and kalb... don't get the two confused if you're chatting up someone...

but regardless it's a pretty crap situation and i think they should stick the kid in there for 15 days as he came up with the idea!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 12:18 pm
Family Guy

Barrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really nice

The world gone mad. It is a teddy for crying out loud!!!!!!

Latest on BBC news website....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7121025.stm

Shoot UK teacher, say protesters

Thousands of people have marched in the Sudanese capital Khartoum to call for UK teacher Gillian Gibbons to be shot.
Mrs Gibbons, 54, from Liverpool, was jailed by a court on Thursday after children in her class named a teddy bear Muhammad.

She was sentenced to 15 days for insulting religion; she will then be deported.

The marchers took to the streets after Friday prayers to denounce the leniency of the sentence.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.