Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Impress your friends

Impress your friends

Old Dec 12th 2007, 4:54 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Impress your friends

http://www.yamli.com/editor/
Old Dec 12th 2007, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Impress your friends

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I'm impressed and I'm not even your friend...
Old Dec 12th 2007, 5:22 pm
Banned

Dubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
ذيس إز امازينغ
Old Dec 12th 2007, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

B.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dubai_Chick
ذيس إز امازينغ
هو دو يو كنو ذيس إز كورقة ؟ أي كولد بسينغ أنيثنغ اند يو ولد نفر كنو ؟
I like this !
Old Dec 12th 2007, 6:38 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Bah! Learn to read and write Arabic properly - it'll only take you a few weeks (seriously, it's nowhere near as difficult as people think).

Being able to pronounce things written in Arabic, even if you don't actually understand what they mean, impresses the hell out of Arabic speakers; they automatically assume that all non-Middle Easterners won't have a clue.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR
Bah! Learn to read and write Arabic properly - it'll only take you a few weeks (seriously, it's nowhere near as difficult as people think).

Being able to pronounce things written in Arabic, even if you don't actually understand what they mean, impresses the hell out of Arabic speakers; they automatically assume that all non-Middle Easterners won't have a clue.
Very easy for Middle Easterners to change and go towards the harder synonyms than to assume that the white man knows the language to heart...
Old Dec 13th 2007, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR

i just find the lack-of-vowels aspect rather frustrating...i can read the consonants and even have a conversation with my barber (not a particularly erudite one but you know) - but with the reading, unless I you know the word before reading it, chances are the vowels are incorrect
Old Dec 13th 2007, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
i just find the lack-of-vowels aspect rather frustrating...i can read the consonants and even have a conversation with my barber (not a particularly erudite one but you know) - but with the reading, unless I you know the word before reading it, chances are the vowels are incorrect
With you on that - it's a case of learning vowel patterns, I believe... I imagine native speakers learn them by rote, but there are tables of vowel patterns for verbs & plurals. I don't have the patience to study them.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

i can write in arabic no problem... it's the writing in english i find hard lol...

really though i'm teaching my lebanese other half how to write... saying that though i had to give her a tour of beirut when we were over there
Old Dec 13th 2007, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

canukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nice

I wonder how many people have written swear words to see how they turn out...

LMAO

anyone?