Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Immigration / Married status

Immigration / Married status

Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:17 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Immigration / Married status

If I recruit someone who is on her mother's sponsorship but it turns out she is married, is it a problem with Immigration? I think someone has really peed off her husband as I am getting strange text messages from a foreign country and just want to ensure we cover our butts. I have seen the paperwork to show she is sponsored by her mother so all is in order there.

Any ideas???
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:19 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration / Married status

Can't help you sorry ...Just make sure you not get sue left right up and down
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:20 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I was sponsored by my Dad - women can be sponsored by their fathers up to any age, men only til they are 18. I was under the impression that once you were married though you would go onto your husbands sponsorship.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:22 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.gulfnews.com/uae/uaessentials/index.html

have a look in here Miss E
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

SAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by novita77
Can't help you sorry ...Just make sure you not get sue left right up and down
I like it Left,right, Up & Down
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:34 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SAMS
I like it Left,right, Up & Down
Left, right and centre Novi!

Thanks BC ... will take a look at the link
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:09 pm
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
Left, right and centre Novi!

Thanks BC ... will take a look at the link
They may have changed the law, but being on a relative's sponsorship does not automatically give one the right to work. Usually you need to get a separate labour permit. The whole point of familial sponsorship, with its salary level requirements, is that the sponsor is supposed to be able to support the wife/children/(in rare cases) husband.

So this woman's marital status may be irrelevant. If you recruit her, you should probably be sponsoring her. Then it doesn't matter either way.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 6:03 am
Pog mo thoin

Originally Posted by secretdubai
They may have changed the law, but being on a relative's sponsorship does not automatically give one the right to work. Usually you need to get a separate labour permit. The whole point of familial sponsorship, with its salary level requirements, is that the sponsor is supposed to be able to support the wife/children/(in rare cases) husband.

So this woman's marital status may be irrelevant. If you recruit her, you should probably be sponsoring her. Then it doesn't matter either way.
The last line is a very good point. Basically she is on her mother's sponsorship but someone tells me she is married (husband in foreign country), but I would have thought that it would not matter - just not sure though.