Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Immediate help needed Saudi arabia

Immediate help needed Saudi arabia

Old Jun 23rd 2009, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

di_hb is on a distinguished road
Default Immediate help needed Saudi arabia

Is there anyone online that can provide advice on transfer from one company to another... I need some guidance on what the process entails to ensure I am not shafted.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immediate help needed Saudi arabia

Here is a link.
but it is a long hard slog i am still waiting for mine, and i have been told next week, at the end of the month.
Mind you all they said was the end of june,
THEY did not say of which year.
So if mine comes thoro at the end of june this year !!! it would have taken 5 months
just a warning.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613815
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:39 am
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

I thought cat ornaments were the biggest cause of consternation in KSA?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 5:42 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

With the right man sorting it there is not a problem. We do it all the time.

This is from my man who can transfer my residency into a new passport and get me a multi exit visa all in 2 hours.

He says;
You need a demand letter from your new employer requesting your old employer to release you.

You then need a letter from your old employer saying they do not object to your transfer (No Objection Certificate).

Your old employer sends your passport, Iqama and, most importantly, an up to date labour card.
Without the latter you are sunk.
He receives a written recept for all then it is over to your new guy.

Take the all of the above plus photocopies to labour office and it's a doddle.

If the paperwork is in order they will not delay it, but that is only my experience.

Try bunging your GRO SR 1,000 for his trouble. In spite of what we think, they are not well paid.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

di_hb is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much. Now I understand.....
Its all very confusing when you dont know what you are dealing with.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

You need a demand letter from your new employer requesting your old employer to release you.

Never heard of this - are they (the original employers) compelled to issue an NOC if they receive a 'demand letter'?
Old Jun 24th 2009, 11:03 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Not at all! The employee had better be sure of his situation or he will be out on his ear as they are usually going to a competitor or at least someone in the same line of business.

I worked in Jeddah before starting on my own and had to sign a letter saying I would not take any business from there. Hence I started up as far away as possible, in Dammam!