British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Im planning to move out to Abu Dhabi (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/im-planning-move-out-abu-dhabi-616486/)

WaqasKhawaja Jun 23rd 2009 9:24 pm

Im planning to move out to Abu Dhabi

hi all,

I have only just found this website (shows how much researching ive been doing!! :rolleyes:)

Anyway, hope you all are ok!
Me and my wife have decided to move out to Abu Dhabi to work. I am finding it hard to find any sort of job in my discipline (construction) but that was expected. I have applied to a few but am not sure when i will get a response.

My wife is a Physiotherapist and has applied through a couple of agencies and i think she has had some positive responses.:)

We are coming to Abu Dhabi end of Aug for a short trip to see what it is like there as a place to live.

Can you guys advise what you guys do in the evenings (generally) and what things there is to do?

WaqasKhawaja Jun 23rd 2009 9:40 pm

Re: Im planning to move out to Abu Dhabi

just realised there is a similar thread below so please ignore this one....

sorry

commander Jun 24th 2009 1:46 am

Interesting name, tell us a little about yourself, interests, hobbies that way we will be able to advise..

soukie Jun 24th 2009 3:28 am

Construction is slow at the moment in uAE - a lot of people we know here are looking for work in the area and others are in the process of moving to Qatar or SA next week (end of the school year).

Norm_uk Jun 24th 2009 6:33 am

Originally Posted by WaqasKhawaja (Post 7692476)
hi all,

I have only just found this website (shows how much researching ive been doing!! :rolleyes:)

Anyway, hope you all are ok!
Me and my wife have decided to move out to Abu Dhabi to work. I am finding it hard to find any sort of job in my discipline (construction) but that was expected. I have applied to a few but am not sure when i will get a response.

My wife is a Physiotherapist and has applied through a couple of agencies and i think she has had some positive responses.:)

We are coming to Abu Dhabi end of Aug for a short trip to see what it is like there as a place to live.

Can you guys advise what you guys do in the evenings (generally) and what things there is to do?

I would suggest skipping Aug/Sept as Ramadan is coming up and nearly nothing get's done in Abu Dhabi during that month.

As for what we do in the evenings it might be better if you tell us what your hobbies are as there's lots to keep you busy if you want.

N.

WaqasKhawaja Jun 24th 2009 8:37 am

Morning (from uk)

Waqas is my name, Qas is for short.

My hobbies would be urrrm... I have started playing golf, so that would be good. I love car audio, as I have built up many in the past, and am a few steps away from entering competitions (my car hits 144dB which is pretty loud) but its more of a SQL sound - but I don't think there is much of a demand for this stuff there. I like to go to the gym, but haven been since I got married (I blame her) but am thinking of getting back in. I love my motorbike, but would be hesitant to purchase one there!

My wife loves shopping, going for walks, sunbathing, shopping, sunbathing and I think that's about it really !! hahaha lol

As far as coming in Ramadan, I will be fasting anyway but what do you mean things slow down....is it the lack of food!! lol hahaha that will be fun! Are shops not open anyway during normal hours?

I've been to Dubai before but my wife hasn't been, as we are coming over the weekend, so things will be shut anyway! which is very good planning...lol

Blue Cat Jun 24th 2009 9:07 am

Originally Posted by WaqasKhawaja (Post 7694062)
Morning (from uk)

Waqas is my name, Qas is for short.

My hobbies would be urrrm... I have started playing golf, so that would be good. I love car audio, as I have built up many in the past, and am a few steps away from entering competitions (my car hits 144dB which is pretty loud) but its more of a SQL sound - but I don't think there is much of a demand for this stuff there. I like to go to the gym, but haven been since I got married (I blame her) but am thinking of getting back in. I love my motorbike, but would be hesitant to purchase one there!

My wife loves shopping, going for walks, sunbathing, shopping, sunbathing and I think that's about it really !! hahaha lol

As far as coming in Ramadan, I will be fasting anyway but what do you mean things slow down....is it the lack of food!! lol hahaha that will be fun! Are shops not open anyway during normal hours?

I've been to Dubai before but my wife hasn't been, as we are coming over the weekend, so things will be shut anyway! which is very good planning...lol

the shops never shut :)