I'm on my way!!!

Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

rickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nice
Default I'm on my way!!!

Hi all i am a total newbie, i have just accepted a great new job in Dubai and am due to fly over there in 4 weeks, i will be working in media city, and have a company supplied apartment for the first 2-3 months of my stay, my main question is cost of renting/buying a apartment over there, i own a couple of houses in the UK but will be keeping and renting them out, also how good really is life over there???? and do you all meet up etc?? any comments or helpfull info would be really appreciated, and i'll treat you to a beer when i arrive..

Rick
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:48 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I'm on my way!!!

Originally Posted by rickyboy
Hi all i am a total newbie, i have just accepted a great new job in Dubai and am due to fly over there in 4 weeks, i will be working in media city, and have a company supplied apartment for the first 2-3 months of my stay, my main question is cost of renting/buying a apartment over there, i own a couple of houses in the UK but will be keeping and renting them out, also how good really is life over there???? and do you all meet up etc?? any comments or helpfull info would be really appreciated, and i'll treat you to a beer when i arrive..

Rick

Hello Rick.

Welcome to the forum.

I am in London at the mo, but I can answer ur q's.........

For purchasing property, I wud like to refer u to the FAQ threads........ the main property developers websites are listed there. As for renting...............

It really depends on the location, but to give u a rough idea:

Studio flat: AED 20-30K
1 Bed: AED 30-45K
2 Bed: AED 45-60K
3 Bed: AED 60-90K
4 Bed: AED 90-120K

Prices of larger 3 or 4 beds could reach as high as 200K aswell.

These prices are annual rental rates and the conversion rate is:
AED 6.5 = GBP 1.OO

The lifestyle is really as good as it sounds. lol

Hope that helps u out. Dont hesitate to ask any more q's. Feel free to drop me an e-mail or PM if u want to know anything specific.

And yeah....... we do meet up every now and then.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:01 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Rick
Hi Rick, welcome FD
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:12 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Rick

Hi Rick, welcome to the forum.

If you do lots of this there are a few people around here who will be more than willing to take you out and about. I have only been here 9 months and found it very easy to get about, find everything I needed, shops have just about everything you would want. Tons of places to eat and drink, cinemas are great, accommodation is expensive....it's a bit wild at the moment :scared: You will enjoy Dubai, hard pushed not to.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

rickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nice

cheers everyone, really excited by it i am sure to stay part of the forum and hopefully meeting up with some of you very soon, i am partial to the od so should fit in well, accomadation does seem alot more than i thought is buying a property an easier option?????

Cheers Rick
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:28 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

cheers everyone, really excited by it i am sure to stay part of the forum and hopefully meeting up with some of you very soon, i am partial to the od so should fit in well, accomadation does seem alot more than i thought is buying a property an easier option?????

Cheers Rick
join us in the e-pub for a drink!

Purchasing is always an option...........

prices for cheaper flats starts at AED 200K and can go as high as AED 2 Million

for villas... prices range between AED 500K and can go as high as AED 10 Million. :scared:

we will be glad to share a when u r over! Where in the UK r u?

Last edited by Face81; Feb 4th 2005 at 2:33 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Face, be good to take you for a beer when i arrive, I live on the outskirts of Bath at the moment and my missus will stay in the UK for around 4 months untill we have rented the house and sorted out a few odds and ends in the UK then she will be joining me over there she works in HR so a job should be easy for her plus great ££££ so i think we may look at buying somewhere but need to suss it all out when i'm over there or need someone/people to show me the ropes, i am leaving in 4 weeks time so at the start of March i'll be there

Rick
Old Feb 4th 2005, 4:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site, and good luck with the move.
Like Face said, there's plenty of info to look up in the FAQ to get you started
Old Feb 4th 2005, 5:55 pm
The Oracle

Cheers Face, be good to take you for a beer when i arrive, I live on the outskirts of Bath at the moment and my missus will stay in the UK for around 4 months untill we have rented the house and sorted out a few odds and ends in the UK then she will be joining me over there she works in HR so a job should be easy for her plus great ££££ so i think we may look at buying somewhere but need to suss it all out when i'm over there or need someone/people to show me the ropes, i am leaving in 4 weeks time so at the start of March i'll be there

Rick
ur most welcome Rick. I will be back in Dubai in mid-march. So we can meet up for that drink then. In London at the mo. U will love Dubai. I am sure.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 4:43 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Face81
Hello Rick.

Welcome to the forum.

I am in London at the mo, but I can answer ur q's.........

For purchasing property, I wud like to refer u to the FAQ threads........ the main property developers websites are listed there. As for renting...............

It really depends on the location, but to give u a rough idea:

Studio flat: AED 20-30K
1 Bed: AED 30-45K
2 Bed: AED 45-60K
3 Bed: AED 60-90K
4 Bed: AED 90-120K

Prices of larger 3 or 4 beds could reach as high as 200K aswell.

These prices are annual rental rates and the conversion rate is:
AED 6.5 = GBP 1.OO

The lifestyle is really as good as it sounds. lol

Hope that helps u out. Dont hesitate to ask any more q's. Feel free to drop me an e-mail or PM if u want to know anything specific.

And yeah....... we do meet up every now and then.
I can't find any studio flats or 1 bed room appartments with these rents
Old Feb 6th 2005, 4:59 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nabs
Nabs,
Johns place is still free i think, do you want me to check ?
Old Feb 6th 2005, 5:03 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Nabs,
Johns place is still free i think, do you want me to check ?

He was supposed to get back to me

Yes plz check for me, i can probably go and check it out in my break if he is available or later in the evening
Old Feb 6th 2005, 1:57 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Nabs
course u will find stuff at those prices......... where r u looking anyway?

I did say those were rough estimates. Give me the area and I will be able to give u a better idea.

Good luck.