Reload this Page >

ikea / Accomodation questions in Doha

ikea / Accomodation questions in Doha

Old Mar 19th 2012, 11:26 am
Just Joined

byronesque is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face ikea / Accomodation questions in Doha

Hello
Ive been bouncing around some of the sites for Accomodation (Apartment or Compound Villa.) Does anyone have any experience if the prices are negociable in Doha is that not the norm.

i.e. 10000 QED for 2 bedroom @ZigZag should I expect to be able to drop them 10-20%? or is it as it is?

I've been looking to see if Doha has an Ikea.. (for the above reasons. one place to get kitted out) but all the posts I see are like 4 years old. Does it exist yet?

Thanks
Old Mar 19th 2012, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ikea / Accomodation questions in Doha

Originally Posted by byronesque
Hello
Ive been bouncing around some of the sites for Accomodation (Apartment or Compound Villa.) Does anyone have any experience if the prices are negociable in Doha is that not the norm.

i.e. 10000 QED for 2 bedroom @ZigZag should I expect to be able to drop them 10-20%? or is it as it is?

I've been looking to see if Doha has an Ikea.. (for the above reasons. one place to get kitted out) but all the posts I see are like 4 years old. Does it exist yet?

Thanks
Prices are negotiable but landlords and agents are very hard to deal with as they're just plain greedy here . They'd rather sit the property empty than take a let . There's a little bit give but not much . Most landlords / agents think every Western Expat works for an Oil & Gas outfit and have money to burn and will just hand over the cash . Times are changing but very slowly , a bit like Qatar really .

Try the classified section of http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topic...2&temp_type=44

On your second point there's no Ikea here at the moment , they're building one now but expect another 2 years before you can get your Swedish sofa fix.

Compound Villa's offer better value for money here than apartments . The apartments are either high end or shite . You get better value in the compond villa , for the price of a 2 bedroom in The Zig Zag you can get a 3 bedroom compound villa in Al Waab.

Apartment living can be great in a busy lively city but alas Doha doesn't make that standard .

Last edited by co durham boy; Mar 19th 2012 at 11:49 am.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Thanks bud
Old Mar 19th 2012, 3:48 pm
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

Ziczac tower?? Complete overpriced, building Quality complete rubbish and traffic out there can be a killer!

Same on the pearl, one tiny roundabout to go out there, nice and clever traffic planning
Old Mar 19th 2012, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

ahh.
So Im going to be based in the westway area (you can already guess which company) which area is close enough but decent enough?
Dont really need a seaview. but gym and pool would be nice. and not to far away from work.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

you can get 2 bedroom unfurnished on the Pearl for 11,000+ Zig Zag 1000 less. I am not. Sure about villas. Many western expats are moving out of villas to the pearl. no ikea you have to buy from Home centre when they have one of theirvfrequent sales. I don'T have a problem with traffic, takes me 20 mins from the pearl to the airport.

Last edited by gottheTshirt; Mar 19th 2012 at 5:47 pm. Reason: Missed out info
Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gottheTshirt
you can get 2 bedroom unfurnished on the Pearl for 11,000+ Zig Zag 1000 less. I am not. Sure about villas. Many western expats are moving out of villas to the pearl. no ikea you have to buy from Home centre when they have one of theirvfrequent sales. I don'T have a problem with traffic, takes me 20 mins from the pearl to the airport.
The Pearl was a good choice before the booze ban , some decent places to eat and you could walk around and have a few beers .

Went there a few Fridays ago and the place is dead , they just killed one of the best things about Doha .
Old Mar 20th 2012, 6:06 am
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

So whats in your opinion the best place to live then?

There is one nice compound opposite the ramada hotel.

I have to make a similiar decission may soon and if i see the prices here freaking me out. If i compare this with Dubai....nah better not
Old Mar 20th 2012, 10:53 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I am living 5 minutes from the Ramada and its great. Plenty of places to eat nearby, some supermarkets and a 5 minute walk to a bar. A cab to the Intercon (About as far as I need to travel) is QR20. Apartments in my block are approx 9500 for 2 bed furnished, 10500 for 3 beds and 13 ish for the 4 beds (Essentially 2 x 2 beds)