Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

BE Iftar Night - 28 September -??

BE Iftar Night - 28 September -??

Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:33 pm
W10

Default Re: BE Iftar Night - 28 September -??

Originally Posted by oktoberon
The One & Only... errr... what about our little rendezvous with the case of you know what.....
The One and Only was excellent last year. Especially the baklava and the Jelab.

I'd love to come but I will be out of the country (in France...watching rugby)

Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10

Totally agree, my tasteful friend. The Arabian Court, I believe, is the name of the restaurant. The makhbous was also memorable.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:42 pm
W10

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
that's why i mentioned the Ritz Carlton tent...it's licensed apparently...

MM, xx
Seriously? That's ****ed up. Really ****ed up.

Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Seriously? That's ****ed up. Really ****ed up.
...so are many things here...

MM, xx
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:47 pm
W10

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Totally agree, my tasteful friend. The Arabian Court, I believe, is the name of the restaurant. The makhbous was also memorable.
Varied menu, good mixture of soup, arabic and other dishes, great deserts...all in all it was great. I'm going to check it out again this week.

At the cheaper end, I like Sidra on Diyafah. They have the raw lamb kebbe....yum yum

Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Varied menu, good mixture of soup, arabic and other dishes, great deserts...all in all it was great. I'm going to check it out again this week.

At the cheaper end, I like Sidra on Diyafah. They have the raw lamb kebbe....yum yum
kibbeh nayeh - Lebanon's answer to steak tartare... All this talk is making me salivate...

It is out of order to serve alcohol at Iftar - I can see that there is a market for boozy iftars amongst those of us (myself included) that live here, but don't observe Ramadan. I hope that the hotel is smart enough not to market it as an Iftar

"a buffet that happens to start at fast-breaking time, serves alcohol and happens to include traditional Arabic food eaten during Ramadan"

is not gonna win advert of the year award, however!!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

kibbeh nayeh - Lebanon's answer to steak tartare... All this talk is making me salivate...

It is out of order to serve alcohol at Iftar - I can see that there is a market for boozy iftars amongst those of us (myself included) that live here, but don't observe Ramadan. I hope that the hotel is smart enough not to market it as an Iftar

"a buffet that happens to start at fast-breaking time, serves alcohol and happens to include traditional Arabic food eaten during Ramadan"

is not gonna win advert of the year award, however!!

well it gets my vote
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:05 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

where is MH??? is she coming??
Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:21 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
where is MH??? is she coming??
I am right here...
Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:33 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

turn off your water heater in the summer. the tank is most likely located indoors, and will be relatively cool. thus, your hot tap becomes cold and your cold hot. reverse the operation in the winter months to maximise your showering comfort.
You appear to be missing the point...my cold water tank is on the roof and, from May-Oct, its contents range from luke warm to damned hot...the heater is off during the summer months.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by W10

Obviously not watching England winning.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 5:39 am
W10

No...I will be watching my beloved Scotland playing Italy and one more game TBC

Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by W10
No...I will be watching my beloved Scotland playing Italy and one more game TBC
Good luck to you and your team.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MataHari
I am right here...
Just out of curiosity, do you or anybody else have a "sexy boss" like the one Bee Bee has just acquired? Not sure if I could work properly under those circumstances. How about a crush on the teacher when you were at school? Not just MH but anybody else is invited to comment.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:36 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Just out of curiosity, do you or anybody else have a "sexy boss" like the one Bee Bee has just acquired? Not sure if I could work properly under those circumstances. How about a crush on the teacher when you were at school? Not just MH but anybody else is invited to comment.
better start a new thread....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.