Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

If I am made redundant....

If I am made redundant....

Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

mantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nice
Default Re: If I am made redundant....

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
Actually Im brave enough to admit that I'm planning for my own situation.

If I get the brown handshake I want to know what I can raise with my company.

Anyway Forest Gump is doing fine and continuing to provide shock & awe.
In which case id argue for any good bits of the labour law. But again Id expect what my contract said as a likely scenario.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
were you employed locally?
Nope. They recruited me at home and paid relocation costs.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Along with the ticket home, by law, must they pay for shipping of my personal belongings, such as boxes and the car I bought?
why should they ship your car? quite often if you are lucky to relocation costs, it will be so many kilos or say a 20ft container etc. obviously if thats the case and you can fit the car in the container then thats ok.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

I only care what they should and shouldnt do according to UAE labor law. That is why they should or shouldn't ship anything.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

mantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nice

I only care what they should and shouldnt do according to UAE labor law. That is why they should or shouldn't ship anything.
Who says its even covered there?

In any event every contract contains provisions that override or cut across civil or statute law. If a contract is itself a code the labor law will lot apply.

You might want to look into it further having been told about 5 times already on the internet.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 1:25 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. They recruited me at home and paid relocation costs.
in that case they have to relocate you back to your country of origin.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mantronic
You might want to look into it further having been told about 5 times already on the internet.
Haha.. you think?
Old Mar 9th 2009, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well thats it. Today was the day. I no longer have a job.

Got 1 month salary in lieu, leave, gratuity an flight.

kinda sucks...
Old Mar 9th 2009, 12:11 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

kinda sucks...
what about shipping stuff back? and yeah it really sucks. Do you have any debts? do you want to stay and try and find another position?
Old Mar 9th 2009, 12:25 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

kinda sucks...
Who did you work for, or in what industry?
Sorry to hear the news dude.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks.

Shipping.. trying to get HR to negotiate some kind of "payment" for that... not holding my breath. Got 15 000 dhs to ship stuff here but so far nothing to ship it home.

Not sure if I want to stay. I just called all our clients and told them what happened. They'll ask around about work. Again, not holding my breath.

I worked servicing the construction industry. In terms of the name of the company.. well I can give you that in a PM. Noone big or anything.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 12:40 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your news AnotherWorld.

I hope things work out happily for you, whatever way that is. x

-
Old Mar 9th 2009, 1:18 pm
Concierge

Thanks.

Shipping.. trying to get HR to negotiate some kind of "payment" for that... not holding my breath. Got 15 000 dhs to ship stuff here but so far nothing to ship it home.

Not sure if I want to stay. I just called all our clients and told them what happened. They'll ask around about work. Again, not holding my breath.

I worked servicing the construction industry. In terms of the name of the company.. well I can give you that in a PM. Noone big or anything.

Marine Engineering Shipping?
Old Mar 9th 2009, 1:49 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

kinda sucks...
gosh, sorry to hear that.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

outtatouch is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to hear. hope something works out for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.