British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Identity theft? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/identity-theft-821803/)

Venezuelan007 Jan 16th 2014 1:15 pm

Identity theft?

Hi all,

Allow me to introduce myself since I'm new here.
I'm from Venezuela, and recently had a job offer to Qatar, which I accepted, now I'm on the paperwork phase and :fingerscrossed:. I stumbled across this forum while researching where was I getting into, and since this is the most helpful and active community forum I've found for Qatar, decided to join although I aint british at all.

So... Story time.
Ive sent my documents to my employer, and now after attestation, Inmigration Department says I have already an "unused visa" with another sponsor. I've never sent my documents to anyone else, and this is the first time I intend to apply to any visa in Qatar.

So now the paranoid in me is telling me, What if I am a victim of identity theft? My name isnt that common, although I found 2 other guys in mexico and peru with my name, but still... WTH????? Isnt that supposed to be bound to a passport or something? Is one of the 2 other guys Ive found in the internet also in Qatar?

Or is it that I just had the luck to have my paperwork reviewed by the "Its Thusday noon, I'm not doing anything else today, wait for Sunday" employee?

Have any of you heard of a case like this? Thoughts?

rowell Jan 17th 2014 3:46 pm

Re: Identity theft?

I do recollect a similar issue on this bored some time ago will do a search

OriginalSunshine Jan 18th 2014 9:13 am

well, you could have had a dodgy recruitment agent send your CV to an employer, who has liked the look and lodged a visa.
go back to your future employer and say you've never requested a visa, so something is wrong, please can they go back and find out the details including passport copy to make sure that it is not lodged for you specifically.

Venezuelan007 Jan 20th 2014 1:14 pm

Thx for the answers.

Yeah I told my employer to try to find out more about the issue. It's a bummer cause believe it or not I wanted to be there next month, I hate these delays.:blink::blink:

Seems Im not gonna be there for Barcelona-Chelsea/ManU :angry_smile:

Venezuelan007 Jan 21st 2014 12:02 pm

Turns out it was a miscommunication thing XD.
Work visa issued, any advice on what day immigration at the airport is less packed? Is there a good day to arrive to Doha?

Sandboy Jan 21st 2014 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Venezuelan007 (Post 11088996)
Is there a good day to arrive to Doha?

no mate, only to leave

Venezuelan007 Jan 21st 2014 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 11089574)
no mate, only to leave

Its always funny the way ppl embrace living there. I guess I'll remember these kind of posts with a "They told you so"