Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

ideas/help 2 bed aptmt with 1 year old kid

ideas/help 2 bed aptmt with 1 year old kid

Old Sep 14th 2012, 10:39 am
Just Joined

teamgb is an unknown quantity at this point
Question ideas/help 2 bed aptmt with 1 year old kid

hi guys, have had a solid offer from the uk to work in dubai media city area.
have a budget of 70k and looking for a 2bed apartment for me, my wife and 1 year old (wife wont be working) to live in

any idea or help appreciated (specific buildings in certain areas would be handy)

have been looking on all the usual sites in areas such as jlt, tecom and marina, but guess will need to look for myself when i get out there for 3 months probation...

another quick question...if a certain apartment is advertised at 80k is it possible to negotiate to 70k?

again appreciate any help and advice.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Curiosity rover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ideas/help 2 bed aptmt with 1 year old kid

Originally Posted by teamgb
hi guys, have had a solid offer from the uk to work in dubai media city area.
have a budget of 70k and looking for a 2bed apartment for me, my wife and 1 year old (wife wont be working) to live in

any idea or help appreciated (specific buildings in certain areas would be handy)

have been looking on all the usual sites in areas such as jlt, tecom and marina, but guess will need to look for myself when i get out there for 3 months probation...

another quick question...if a certain apartment is advertised at 80k is it possible to negotiate to 70k?

again appreciate any help and advice.
The last time I was working in DXB was a few years back so this advice may not be the latest or best for you. However, I suggest you consider looking for a serviced apartment on a short-term arrangement that is close to your place of work. At least until your probation is successfully completed. Then you can look at committing to a longer term accommodation arrangement. This will give you time on the ground to have a look around and see for yourself what is on the market, nearby amenities and the travelling distances involved etc. Always negotiate, I always do.
Good luck.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

it should be easy to get a 2 bed or even a 3 bed for 70. My pied-a-terre in JLT (one bed) costs 38.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 6:14 am
Just Joined

Hi thanks for that...what building are you in may I ask?
and what's your thoughts on it?

Cheers
Old Sep 15th 2012, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Armada

I was surprised by the airconditioning costs, but that's about it. Everything else is OK.

looks like prices have gone up though...
Old Sep 16th 2012, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

just checked it out...looks pretty decent

will definately have a look when i get over there

is the pool/gym facilites reasonable?
Old Sep 16th 2012, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

not fantastic, but much better than what I had back home.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

haha....looks my like local park! thanks for the info...
had a quick look and think i could get a 2 bed for around 70k

last question...nearest supermarket and watering hole?

cheers
Old Sep 17th 2012, 7:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Tecom is probably your best bet. Maybe even the Greens?

I pay 62.5k for a big one bed in Executive Towers.

Realistically, a nice 2 bed place around Tecom / JLT / Marina / JBR etc is going to be more like 80-90-100k I'd guess.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 7:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Oh, and look on Dubizzle...
Old Sep 17th 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

mathematist will become famous soon enough

Try Discovery Gardens / The Gardens. Close to Ibn Batuta Mall, lot of little shops and things nearby.

Quite pleasant and away from the hustle and bustle of Dxb central.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

yes been having a browse on dubizzle but i suppose its best to get out there and look for myself...i realise at that budget i wont have much choice but need to make sure my wife who wont be working can access the metro etc

reviews on discovery gardens havent seemed promising?

should be out there in november and will have a good look around before moving the mrs and the little one out

prices do seem to be dropping though?

is there plenty of amenities at TECOM..or is it still in development?
Old Sep 17th 2012, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

scamp where is executive towers? jlt?
Old Sep 17th 2012, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Curiosity rover
The last time I was working in DXB was a few years back so this advice may not be the latest or best for you. However, I suggest you consider looking for a serviced apartment on a short-term arrangement that is close to your place of work. At least until your probation is successfully completed. Then you can look at committing to a longer term accommodation arrangement. This will give you time on the ground to have a look around and see for yourself what is on the market, nearby amenities and the travelling distances involved etc. Always negotiate, I always do.
Good luck.
he isn't going to get a serviced apartment for AED 70k
Old Sep 17th 2012, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mathematist
Try Discovery Gardens / The Gardens. Close to Ibn Batuta Mall, lot of little shops and things nearby.

Quite pleasant and away from the hustle and bustle of Dxb central.
are you serious?? DG/Gardens is like living in frigging mini india/pakistan....and before you all come down on me for being a racist....my ancestry is from india...but if you arent fussed about the 'quality' around you, then yep...DG is cheap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.