ID card

Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ID card

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
can you believe her?

deadline is when you renew your visa
no its 31st dec. but they may change it again. you do renew it when you do your visa, but you must have one before the end of the year.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I've been told that the deadline is 31st December. Is that true?
also as you have now changed employers you have a new visa, you would have had to get another one anyways. you need it to buy a car, get a driving licence etc if you are brand new. as you have new visas i would get everyone done now. as you pay for part or all the year, it doesnt matter if you do it now or in 6 months time you will pay the same fee.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
also as you have now changed employers you have a new visa, you would have had to get another one anyways. you need it to buy a car, get a driving licence etc if you are brand new. as you have new visas i would get everyone done now. as you pay for part or all the year, it doesnt matter if you do it now or in 6 months time you will pay the same fee.
Well, I have re-registered the cars (including an AD to Dubai export) and issued a visa for the maid and no one has asked for it yet.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

This morning I just bought a 2nd car, been here 4+ years, never had an ID card and never been asked for one.....
Old Dec 8th 2010, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i know i was told that new people need it to get driving licence etc. i was also told by axa that i needed it to re-register the car so i did it went to traffic and re-registered and didnt need it....!! but i did show it in etislat today which is "fun". but my hubs is changing his visa so no point before him getting one, and the kids havent got one yet, DS2 visa runs out in march i think, so no point doing his! and its not like they are going to be stopped and asked for it. unless of course in the future they will require one to go to school. i will get his done when he has a new visa.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 11:06 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure there will be leeway. My visa is being renewed right now so there was no point in doing it earlier, as it would not be valid after renewal and if I cannot get an appointment until February, it is out of my hands...
Old Dec 8th 2010, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road

True story: friend went to renew their e-gate card (before it could be linked to the ID card). Asked for ID, showed her Emirates ID card. Sorry, they were not permitted to accept an ID card as proof of identity for an expat!

Originally Posted by busybee
you do renew it when you do your visa, but you must have one before the end of the year
Even if you register tomorrow you won't actually get the card until January at the earliest. Dec 31 is the supposed deadline for registration only, but no idea how they're going to enforce it, and it's not possible to enforce it if there's a 2-month wait for appointments...

Last edited by Bungdit Din; Dec 8th 2010 at 7:31 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din
True story: friend went to renew their e-gate card (before it could be linked to the ID card). Asked for ID, showed her Emirates ID card. Sorry, they were not permitted to accept an ID card as proof of identity for an expat!

Even if you register tomorrow you won't actually get the card until January at the earliest. Dec 31 is the supposed deadline for registration only, but no idea how they're going to enforce it, and it's not possible to enforce it if there's a 2-month wait for appointments...
not quite true, i did my appt and got my card 3 weeks later, but if you get it done at infinity then i believe that people are still waiting for theirs for months. but yes if there are probs with apts, then you cannot be expected to produce it come 1st january. but you dont actually have to have the physicial card, as long as you have done the typing of the form etc then thats enough for now to register your car and the like.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:26 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard a rumour that if you don't have an ID card by 31st December 2010, they come around to your home and cut off your electricity.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:51 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I heard a rumour that if you don't have an ID card by 31st December 2010, they come around to your home and cut off your electricity.
if it is in your name .......

BB we are registering my new car next week and don't need ID
Old Dec 9th 2010, 10:58 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe that. And lose another revenue stream? Besides, that implies some sort of joined-up thinking and a system that has the faintest idea where we all live.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road

for how long? until you've registered, which could take weeks or months? yeah, right!

Forget it, it's just another stupid DXB rumour that some bored idiot just made up to start gullible people panicking... like the one about residents leaving for Xmas being turned away at the airport if they don't have ID cards...
Old Dec 9th 2010, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
if it is in your name .......

BB we are registering my new car next week and don't need ID
yeh i know was told that you needed it, went and did my id card, and of course, didnt need it for traffic. i believe brand new peeps do tho.
Old Dec 12th 2010, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

I still need to get mine but with my visa expiring in Feb im not sure if its worth it. Is it true that they might cut or fine your DEWA bills if you dont have an ID card ?
Old Dec 12th 2010, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by pauldxb
I still need to get mine but with my visa expiring in Feb im not sure if its worth it. Is it true that they might cut or fine your DEWA bills if you dont have an ID card ?
doubt they will do it now anyways if it is that close they will tell you to come back with new visa. wont help if you need to renew your car or anything like that in the meantime. doubt they will be able to get organised to cut any bills etc tho

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.