ID card

Old Dec 20th 2010, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ID card

Also Helen- when all the typing centres appear not to be taking any new applications ( or all teh oens I have been to) what are you meant to do? None of the phone numbers work- or they aren't answering? I can't take that much time out of work to run around seeing if there is one open or not.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

You could do what I did - find a fixer company to arrange it all for you. Costs more but all the admin is in their hands and all you do is turn up when they tell you to.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

HELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Also Helen- when all the typing centres appear not to be taking any new applications ( or all teh oens I have been to) what are you meant to do? None of the phone numbers work- or they aren't answering? I can't take that much time out of work to run around seeing if there is one open or not.
Yeah - I did have to take time off work and wait a long time. They need to get themselves organised so people can get done what's needed, not put obstacles in the way so they can find an excuse to fine us!!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 9:23 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HELEN44
....not put obstacles in the way so they can find an excuse to fine us!!
It's not a fine, it's a tax.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I spent 6 hours yesterday trying to get it done- tried 9 typing offices- I have deadlines I can't take an unlimited ammount of time off to try a million different typing offices that may or maynot be accepting new applications- now if they answered the bloody phones- that may help!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, You go to one of the typing office; take your passprt, pay the 280Dhs (this includes 40Dhs admin fee) and you will avoid the fine because at least you've begun the process. You then receive a text message giving you your appointment (mine's late Januuary) where you will have to go to immigration to do fingerprints and such. Hope this help. But yes, the deadline to begin process is 31st December.
its cheaper in dxb as its 370 in abu dhabi, but then we can keep our passports.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
yeh the id is a tax anyways.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

HELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really nice

I meant the penalty (fine) for not getting the ID in time!! Silly.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 11:36 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I meant the penalty (fine) for not getting the ID in time!! Silly.
Yeah, my point was they will stop accepting applications just to fine/tax people here.

Like road fines - you don't even have to be in the country to be getting speeding fines now, it's all just a tax.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 1:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah, my point was they will stop accepting applications just to fine/tax people here.

Like road fines - you don't even have to be in the country to be getting speeding fines now, it's all just a tax.
yeh thats right you may get traffic fines that are not for your car, you may not even be in the country but you still have to pay up. i have an id card as i was told needed it for car re-registration,got the card and when i was in traffic i asked if i needed to show id nope. obviously that will change but not back in october. if you are in the process of changing visas or they are coming to renewal, then when your visa is cancelled your id will not be valid and you will need to wait until your new visa comes through to get a new id card for that visa so there is no point.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 6:14 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me about it. I'm disputing a Dhs 250 parking fine that I was apparently given for being where I wasn't. No one has any paperwork so I'm refusing to pay it.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 7:48 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBsocial
Yeah just watching Sky News and it says they still are.

I'm heading to Heathrow Thursday night, fingers crossed it'll all be sorted by then.

As a newbie, will I get in trouble for going 'off topic' now and get my first cyber b*ll**ing???
I am out of NCL this morning, it's looking good. The South is getting a right hammering
Old Dec 21st 2010, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Meow
Tell me about it. I'm disputing a Dhs 250 parking fine that I was apparently given for being where I wasn't. No one has any paperwork so I'm refusing to pay it.
i remember a few years ago, when registering my car an expat had been in there for that day and the day before sounds like, arguing over fines for something like 10k which were not hers. fact of life here.
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 10:41 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Did you go to the On Time typing centre at Building 12 in Knowledge Village?
Did you get your card processed there? Efficient? Worth applying?

I am trying to write a short piece about the deadline and EIDA either don't answer the phone, or if they do they out me through to a media office which must be empty/closed.
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad I did mine back then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.