Reload this Page >

I would like your opinions on moving family to Saudi

I would like your opinions on moving family to Saudi

Old Oct 27th 2013, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I would like your opinions on moving family to Saudi

Originally Posted by OleJanx
...Like a secondary hole in the arse....
.....that was carved out with a rusty, blunt knife..
Old Oct 27th 2013, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodieanddoyle
.....that was carved out with a rusty, blunt knife..
Yep. the 14th century doesn't do pain-free existance much, does it?
Old Oct 27th 2013, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Yep. the 14th century doesn't do pain-free existance much, does it?
Nope. Nor germ free. Nothing is free here actually, apart from skin cancer, misery and cats.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. Nor germ free. Nothing is free here actually, apart from skin cancer, misery and cats.
Not yet had the pleasure of skin cancer,, but I'm sure it can't be far away, misery; well I've had more than enough of that this year, thank you.
Cats; hmmm, I would quite happily fill my house with cats! I'm blind to the faults of cats. More the merrier, I say!
Old Oct 27th 2013, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Olejanx shares the love of felines with the Prophet Mohammed, who was a great one for cats.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by scot47
Olejanx shares the love of felines with the Prophet Mohammed, who was a great one for cats.
Unlike him, I am a decadent waster. On second thoughts......
Old Oct 27th 2013, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Not yet had the pleasure of skin cancer,, but I'm sure it can't be far away, misery; well I've had more than enough of that this year, thank you.
Cats; hmmm, I would quite happily fill my house with cats! I'm blind to the faults of cats. More the merrier, I say!
Yeah, me too. I have 3 of my own, 2 inpatients and about 15 that live in my garden. I can deal with the cats! It's the ringworm, deadly viruses and shitty vet care I can't deal with.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah, me too. I have 3 of my own, 2 inpatients and about 15 that live in my garden. I can deal with the cats! It's the ringworm, deadly viruses and shitty vet care I can't deal with.
Ringworm is a pain in the arse to deal with. As far as the deadly viruses go, I've had to deal with a Siamese with feline AIDS, which brought me into contact with shitty vet care and expense- vets in the middle east are usually hopeless rip off artists who are baffled with the idea of domestic animals and in a different situation, place and time would await care of the same quality they jokingly dole out.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Ringworm is a pain in the arse to deal with. As far as the deadly viruses go, I've had to deal with a Siamese with feline AIDS, which brought me into contact with shitty vet care and expense- vets in the middle east are usually hopeless rip off artists who are baffled with the idea of domestic animals and in a different situation, place and time would await care of the same quality they jokingly dole out.
Jeddah is currently experiencing a pan leukopenia epidemic. It's horrendous. Basically if the cat is under 3 months old and isn't vaccinated, it's as good as dead. I've had 5 compound cats die of it in the last 6 weeks - green vomit and shit, then blood vomit and shit. Then it dies. If your cat has had it's vaccinations it should be ok, but they don't seem to care about their own cats here, let alone the stray ones.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

We used Jeddah Vet which in our day had a Scottish vet. Things may have changed. I believe Harry St John Philby has gone too.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by scot47
We used Jeddah Vet which in our day had a Scottish vet. Things may have changed. I believe Harry St John Philby has gone too.
Yes sadly he has. A pity, as he never really trusted the English, which seems fair enough. Shame about young Kim, though.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Do you mean Dr McLaren at Jeddah Veterinary Clinic? That has the yard in the middle of it?
Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cant remember the vet's name but he was good and was not a rip-off merchant. My usual advice applies. Avoid those from Egypt and Armenia.

Jeddah Vet Clinic
Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Dr McLaren is still here. He's pretty cool. The vet on my compound is Egyptian but he's ok too. I've also found another vet that travels to jeddah from Riyadh once a month to do charity TNR. She's German, superb woman.