Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

I would like your opinions on moving family to Saudi

I would like your opinions on moving family to Saudi

Old Oct 8th 2013, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I would like your opinions on moving family to Saudi

Can feel and understand your pain.

Get your 'Saudi wings' first then other ME posts will seem a breeze.

When are you down for parole (or when is husband's contract up)?
Old Oct 8th 2013, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Can feel and understand your pain.

Get your 'Saudi wings' first then other ME posts will seem a breeze.

When are you down for parole (or when is husband's contract up)?
Permanent job.... But we only planned to be here for 3-4 years max. He's been here since January, I only got here in July and I cannot described how much I despise and loathe this country. The fact that I'm a cat lover does not help. That's what I find most abhorrent about Saudi and Saudi's in general - their entirely inhumane attitude towards animals. But then I guess all life is pretty cheap if you're dumb enough to believe that when you die you get to shag 78 virgins in paradise or whatever it is they think.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

mariamalm1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

If the men can get 78 virgins, Do you know what the women gets when they die? 78 men to listen to them, because their husband never listen to them when they are nagging!
Old Oct 8th 2013, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

leeintrouble is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bodieanddoyle
Can you tell?!

I've got a fairly good imagination, but never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined such a backwards, ignorant, hypocritical, illogic, disgusting country & culture. And what gets me more is that there are some Brit expats here in my compound that have been here 20+ years. WTF? Is there a certain length of time one gets to spend in the 'Kingdom' and then all of a sudden this standard of living is actually ok? And I'm asking as a council house kid from Sutton - not exactly had a silver spoon my whole life! Honestly, I'd be happier to return to the UK without a pot to piss in than stay here longer than I have to. If there were thought police in this hell hole, I'd have been beheaded months ago.
not good not good. my life's coming to an end! been caught drink driving a few weeks back so i had two options find a good barrister and try to escape the ban or plead guilty. then i thought i could plead guilty and find a job abroad/middle east and serve my ban. Applied for a job in saudi and had a few conference meetings and the final one is scheduled for tomorrow. i am 30 with a really good job, love the work and great money. I am generally not a party starter but I absolutely aim to and sometimes succeed in knobbing a different woman every week. having not known much about saudi and having read more i could easily survive without a drink (ironic getting caught drink driving when i generally avoid the magic potion most weeks) but would probably die of a swollen penis without releasing. from what i have read if you do the jiggity jig with an arab or any damn woman you will be stoned to death!!! really, stoned to death for doing casper in black? from the conference call I had with one of the local directors he did sound as sparky as someone from Wakefield - probably is a love child of Mr bean impregnated by mr bean. so yup i am not optimistic about work either. probably answered most of the questions but do you think there's a chance in the world I will survive? I am really scared that without much cause i might suddenly become religious.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leeintrouble
not good not good. my life's coming to an end! been caught drink driving a few weeks back so i had two options find a good barrister and try to escape the ban or plead guilty. then i thought i could plead guilty and find a job abroad/middle east and serve my ban. Applied for a job in saudi and had a few conference meetings and the final one is scheduled for tomorrow. i am 30 with a really good job, love the work and great money. I am generally not a party starter but I absolutely aim to and sometimes succeed in knobbing a different woman every week. having not known much about saudi and having read more i could easily survive without a drink (ironic getting caught drink driving when i generally avoid the magic potion most weeks) but would probably die of a swollen penis without releasing. from what i have read if you do the jiggity jig with an arab or any damn woman you will be stoned to death!!! really, stoned to death for doing casper in black? from the conference call I had with one of the local directors he did sound as sparky as someone from Wakefield - probably is a love child of Mr bean impregnated by mr bean. so yup i am not optimistic about work either. probably answered most of the questions but do you think there's a chance in the world I will survive? I am really scared that without much cause i might suddenly become religious.
You probably need to acquaint yourself with the Al Yamama III compound in Riyadh...my work here is done
Old Oct 10th 2013, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Quick one, i missed the important bit. Do I need a criminal record check to be done when the company applies for an iqama in which case the plot thickens!
Old Oct 10th 2013, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

I hear Americans need on but as Brits are we sparred?
Old Oct 11th 2013, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leeintrouble
Quick one, i missed the important bit. Do I need a criminal record check to be done when the company applies for an iqama in which case the plot thickens!
my company did a criminal record check as part of the visa application process (i.e. before I landed here). Doing it after you've arrived seems like a horse has bolted kind of scenario...
Old Oct 11th 2013, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sicklyman
my company did a criminal record check as part of the visa application process (i.e. before I landed here). Doing it after you've arrived seems like a horse has bolted kind of scenario...
Thanks for sharing your experience. To be honest i really regret what i have done especially the fact that i go without drinking for weeks just tough luck. anyway i guess if they get a crb done now i will come clean as it is atleast another month and half now before i go to magistrates to plead guilty. Can anyone else please share their experience at least I will have a better statistical understanding of the process.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I was never required to do the criminal record check when getting a visa for Saudi. At different times and for different employers I had visas processed in London and in Ankara.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

My husbands company didn't do a CRB at all.... I guess it's down to the new employer...
Old Oct 11th 2013, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

thanks a lot scot & bodiean
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Al Jude compound, at the south edge of the old city. The old city is a dive, looks horrible, bad roads, full of bottom end workers. It's 27km's from saco in the new city, other side of the refinery area that neatly splits the two standards of living in two.

The new city is clean, nice buildings, more cosmopolitan in appearance, and has good streets, pavements, shops, etc.

If you're going to find yourself living in Al Jude and wanting to go to the new city frequently then you may as well drive south down to Dammam/Khobar. Although, having visited there a few times I wouldn't say it was really worth the extra driving time, but the wife and kids may just think it's worth it.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 1:10 pm
Banned

realestateagent is an unknown quantity at this point

You will enjoy.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by realestateagent
You will enjoy.
...Like a secondary hole in the arse....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.