Reload this Page >

I want to pay someone to do my tax return

I want to pay someone to do my tax return

Old Jan 13th 2014, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I want to pay someone to do my tax return

Hello chaps,

Are there any UK qualified accountants or professional tax return-ers on this board willing to do my UK tax return for 2012/13? Or can anyone recommend someone suitable?

I will pay £450.

I am English and don't have a complicated tax position but the return needs to be filed by 31 January.

The only tricky bit is that I am claiming split-year treatment for 2012/13 as I left the UK in summer 2012 and will be employed full-time overseas until at least the end of the 2013/2014 tax year. I reckon I am owed a refund because I paid tax during the first part of the year (but not much tax during the latter). My only income was salary and interest from bank accounts and I will provide all the necessary figures.

Thanks!

Last edited by FriendlyExpat; Jan 13th 2014 at 10:27 am. Reason: _
Old Jan 13th 2014, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax Return!

Dammit, my fee is £495 and I do not negotiate,.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 10:29 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to pay someone to do my tax return

GBP 450 is generous for an average return.

I can probably help or can recommend an accountant in the UK who can.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Meow - have sent you a PM!
Old Jan 13th 2014, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Go on to the HMRC website, they list suitable software provided by approved companies. For £25 you can do it yourself and send direct to HMRC with the click of a mouse.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute

If you are non- resident then you cannot complete an on-line tax form. You have to fill in the paper one which you can down-load.

Also as you have missed the 31 October deadline you will have to work out any tax owing by yourself, but if as you say they owe you money then that is fine.

If I were you I would use the services of an accountant for this return and then after that do it yourself. If you tax affairs are relatively simple its a 10 minute job provided to have kept good records.

If you only have income from overseas then eventually the tax man may not even require you to fill out a form, unless your circumstances change. I have to complete one every year as I have rental income.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hong_konger
If you are non- resident then you cannot complete an on-line tax form. You have to fill in the paper one which you can down-load.

Also as you have missed the 31 October deadline you will have to work out any tax owing by yourself, but if as you say they owe you money then that is fine.

If I were you I would use the services of an accountant for this return and then after that do it yourself. If you tax affairs are relatively simple its a 10 minute job provided to have kept good records.

If you only have income from overseas then eventually the tax man may not even require you to fill out a form, unless your circumstances change. I have to complete one every year as I have rental income.
Not so, Hong Konger. I have completed the online return for the past 2 years with no issues, and received a rebate this year.
You cannot use the standard online form, hence the reason for using the commercially available software approved on the HMRC website.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 5:07 am
Happy To Help!

TopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the rough

Hello FriendlyExpat,

Considering your circumstances mentioned above £450 is higher than expected.

In most circumstances if you are due a tax refund the accountancy fee can be settled after your refund is obtained from HMRC and we are also based in the UAE.

Happy to help if required

Last edited by TopNik; Jan 14th 2014 at 5:15 am.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pongo
Not so, Hong Konger. I have completed the online return for the past 2 years with no issues, and received a rebate this year.
You cannot use the standard online form, hence the reason for using the commercially available software approved on the HMRC website.
Thanks for the clarification.