I TOLD YOU!

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

mantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nice
Default I TOLD YOU!

My post on Aug 6 2008:

"With recession looming in the west my honest advice would be to leave the UAE asap and get reestablished back home before recession hits the UAE and you are forced to return home as a mid recession fish out of water."
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=553527

Well I was right. Im established in syd on $2000 a day on a 12 month contract with typical rights and protections. And you are seeing it first hand in that god foresaken place. And you have no idea how many of the rights you now expect can and will be stripped when push comes to shove.

My message to you now - a wise man learns from the mistakes of others whilst a fool only learns from his own.

FIRST AND FOREMOST - DO NOT relocate to the UAE NOW. Read the link but most of all (a) its a scam wrapped in a myth and (b) its built on MORE DEBT than even the west and NOT oil equity.

2009 will DEFINITELY be worse in the west and nothing short of terrible in the UAE.

If you are there, start to plan and manage and orderly retreat HOME before you are slammed under a UAE recession with hindrance but no help from your uncaring and untrustworthy hosts.

THINK - Is it a place you want to be in the worst recession of our time? What about in an increasingly possible depression?

Or do nothing again. But I guarantee those that are weathering the storm so far - you will strongly regret ignoring me this time.

As bad as it may get in the west, we have the critical mass and are better equipped to weather the storm and very prepared to help others where need be. In aus there are bonus payments to pensioners and families to help through and stimulate the economy.

In contrast the arabs will choke their own economy to extort the last few drops of blood from you expats.

Anyway you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it think so enough from me this time.

I was right then, am even more right now, and have nothing to gain other than satisfaction of potentially helping one or more families.

I got one PM last time saying they appreciated the advice and decided against the move - more than enough justification for me.

Save yourselves.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 12:02 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I TOLD YOU!

again sir, you seem to be spot on...
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 12:08 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mantronic
Anyway you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it think so enough from me this time.
I was laughing until this point. You corrupted a quote from Dorothy Parker :curse:
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

DD21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mantronic,

Just registered to say how great I think you are and how insightful your posting was. I best with your $2k a day you smell great. Can you please tell me what colour pants I will be wearing tomorrow?

xx
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Wow!

BE has it's very own Pythia

How lucky we are!

So who willwin the 2.30 at Sandown this Friday?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

And I was just thinking today - how I wish we won't have to leave Dubai for Melbourne/Sydney (where my hubby's siblings live)...

Some of your points are valid, but I think each to their own. Some people do really enjoy living here, I'm one of them (although I like to whinge and moan sometimes....lol)
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

DD21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Or do nothing again. But I guarantee those that are weathering the storm so far - you will 'strongly regret ignoring' me this time .......ooooh scary!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

$520,000AUD per annum? Jeez you must have landed yourself one hell of a job in Australia. Well done. As an Australian, I can tell you, there would be a very small number of jobs available offering that kind of salary. So don't all go booking tickets for the land downunder. The cost of living is pretty expensive there too for us mere mortals.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:35 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by talk2dubya
Or do nothing again. But I guarantee those that are weathering the storm so far - you will 'strongly regret ignoring' me this time .......ooooh scary!
if we were to leave here now we would be going back to the UK without a job or a home, you think that's a wise move?? give up and income and a home to return to the UK to the dole queue?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

I actually love both the thought and practicalities of a recession..

Sorts out the men from the boys for one.

I am here in Dubai and staying thanks very much.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:41 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
I actually love both the thought and practicalities of a recession..

Sorts out the men from the boys for one.

I am here in Dubai and staying thanks very much.
me too, this isn't the first time we been through this here, it happened about ten years ago but on a smaller scale.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 2:45 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kim67
$520,000AUD per annum? Jeez you must have landed yourself one hell of a job in Australia. Well done. As an Australian, I can tell you, there would be a very small number of jobs available offering that kind of salary. So don't all go booking tickets for the land downunder. The cost of living is pretty expensive there too for us mere mortals.
and that's before you knock one helluva lump of tax out of it. (i'm guessing at least 50% in direct and indirect taxes) so lets say you're left with half of that, throw in about AUD$1 per litre for fuel, drive pretty much everywhere (public transport is the pits compared to anywhere in europe), for out AUD$40k for a pretty average falcodore or something similar and if you want to actually go anywhere outside of your city, you're sitting in a bus with wings for 8 hours that you've paid a AUD$1k for the privilege and you're in bali. (6 hours flight from dubai, you're in london and you've crossed at least half a dozen countries. 6 hours flight from sydney, you 'might' be in New Zealand or if you go the other way, you're still over australia)

keep your AUD$2k a day (what's that worth at the moment? £600 p/d before taxes with a london equivalent cost of living?)

<end rant/>
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 3:04 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw still.unsure ,you are such a gentle ranter.
Sweet.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
if we were to leave here now we would be going back to the UK without a job or a home, you think that's a wise move?? give up and income and a home to return to the UK to the dole queue?
would we even be entitled to claim the dole, considering most of us have been out of the country for so many years, just a thought
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the second coming ????

We are not worthy of such prophecies, o' wise one !

Tell me one thing................are Leeds Utd gonna get promoted !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.