Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

i-phone advice, anyone?

i-phone advice, anyone?

Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

rushey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: i-phone advice, anyone?

Just been annouced today that the Iphone will be realsed in the UK on November 9th. Costa 269 quid and only available on o2.

Hope this helps

R.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rushey
Just been annouced today that the Iphone will be realsed in the UK on November 9th. Costa 269 quid and only available on o2.

Hope this helps

R.
and here's the link http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/2007091...e0bba4a_2.html
Old Sep 18th 2007, 2:18 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

So if I bought one in US can it be unlocked to use here???
Old Sep 18th 2007, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Yes, I believe so. In fact, souk.com has some on sale here in the UAE. Price approx AED4000
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all

I have the details to unlock it people. If you need it just let me know.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:57 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Yes, I believe so. In fact, souk.com has some on sale here in the UAE. Price approx AED4000
Lots of the guys around here go to NY on a regular basis so would work out much cheaper to get one there rather than souk
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:58 pm
Its all good

Originally Posted by maranelloman
I have the details to unlock it people. If you need it just let me know.
Great thanks - just need to decide whether to get one or not
Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Great thanks - just need to decide whether to get one or not
do it... you know you want it!

think of how jealous all your friends will be!

think of how you can take photos and show people on there... then realise you forgot to delete *those* pics

think of browsing BE on there

think of taking that to the gym and displaying it instead of your ipod...

Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all

If you want a real phone this is what you want! 3megapixel camera with autofocus and flash, 3G etc. And made from titanium.

Attached Thumbnails i-phone advice, anyone?-vertu_ascent_ti_fcc_1.jpg   i-phone advice, anyone?-vertu_ascent_ti_fcc_2.jpg   i-phone advice, anyone?-vertu_ascent_ti_fcc_3.jpg   i-phone advice, anyone?-vertu_ascent_ti_fcc_4.jpg   i-phone advice, anyone?-vertu_ascent_ti_fcc_5.jpg  

Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

If you want a real phone this is what you want! 3megapixel camera with autofocus and flash, 3G etc. And made from titanium.

and the best thing about that phone is the 24/7 concierge button...
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:06 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't understand those Vertu phones- car or phone?, holiday or phone? hmmmmmm......
Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cham128
and the best thing about that phone is the 24/7 concierge button...
Yup. They did all my ground research before I moved to Brussels. Only covers for one year though and you have to pay after that.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:41 am
W10

Originally Posted by shiva
not available here or Uk, not able to use in uk even if you buy a US one. Unless you go through a LOT of hassle in unlocking it and by doing that you void your warranty.

It is THE fashion item of the moment but frankly its an over rated hunk of junk. Very pretty though it is

Having played with it extensively I have to say it is not a heap of junk. It has wonderful features (web browsing is superb for example, multi-touch is a neat little invention, ansaphone caller display is awesome too), intuitive interface but the functionality is limited. I'm guessing that version 2 (with flash enabled, bigger camera, photo editor and video capability) is just around the corner, in time for Christmas in the US.

Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Having played with it extensively I have to say it is not a heap of junk. It has wonderful features (web browsing is superb for example, multi-touch is a neat little invention, ansaphone caller display is awesome too), intuitive interface but the functionality is limited. I'm guessing that version 2 (with flash enabled, bigger camera, photo editor and video capability) is just around the corner, in time for Christmas in the US.
Stop press - they are (illegally) on sale in Deira City Centre. AED 4500.. Don't know which store - it was on the radio....
Old Sep 19th 2007, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Noah.Khan is an unknown quantity at this point

Shakh, they are going on sale on O2 on 18 month contracts only as far as I know in November. The thing to remember though is that V2 of iPhone is already in progress so it may be worth waiting...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.