Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

I need advise Jeep Cherokee or Jeep Compass?

I need advise Jeep Cherokee or Jeep Compass?

Old Feb 26th 2007, 3:28 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I need advise Jeep Cherokee or Jeep Compass?

Thinking about renewing our car ... we can't decide between those two. Does anyone knows what Compass like in the desert?

Can anyone give me the minus points of those ... never have Jeep before and the salesman won't tell us

Thanks
Old Feb 26th 2007, 3:31 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need advise Jeep Cherokee or Jeep Compass?

Toyota FJ Cruiser.

no contest
Old Feb 26th 2007, 3:41 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Toyota FJ Cruiser.

no contest
Errr ... I know you loved that car ... But you did not answer my question
Old Feb 26th 2007, 3:47 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
Errr ... I know you loved that car ... But you did not answer my question
Ok Novi,
Im my opinion i would have neither car, unless it was given to me free.
If i was paying cash for a new motor i would get an FJ.

Old Feb 26th 2007, 3:50 pm
Up in the air

Thinking about renewing our car ... we can't decide between those two. Does anyone knows what Compass like in the desert?

Can anyone give me the minus points of those ... never have Jeep before and the salesman won't tell us

Thanks
And if the saleman cant tell you the difference, well that goes some way in telling you what the sales guy is like.

1st rule of sales...know your product!!
Old Feb 26th 2007, 3:56 pm
semarang

Ok Novi,
Im my opinion i would have neither car, unless it was given to me free.
If i was paying cash for a new motor i would get an FJ.

Can you pls tell me why?
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:46 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:00 pm
thb
Just Joined

thb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiva
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
The Compass is designed to be pretty good on road and mediocre on the soft stuff. The Cherokee however is designed to be mediocre on road, and pretty good off road.

The Cherokee is showing its age now, though.

What are the alternative options out there? I'm a motoring journalist in the UK so can give you advice on cars, though I'm not sure what models are marketed in the ME.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:34 am
semarang

Originally Posted by thb
The Compass is designed to be pretty good on road and mediocre on the soft stuff. The Cherokee however is designed to be mediocre on road, and pretty good off road.

The Cherokee is showing its age now, though.

What are the alternative options out there? I'm a motoring journalist in the UK so can give you advice on cars, though I'm not sure what models are marketed in the ME.
I like the new Honda CRV but hubby not too keen with it. He want Durango ... but i am not keen with it ... for me too big and impratical for ferrying around 1 child.

Will have a look FJ Cruiser as JD said ... but it might be out of our price range.

I wonder if anyone can suggest anything within the price range???
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:41 am
semarang

Originally Posted by shiva
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
We thought it is quite good for the price ... the quote 99.000 QR with registration and insurance for cherokee, and 93.000 QR with registration and insurance for compass.

Then again both of us don't know about cars much.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:51 am
semarang

And if the saleman cant tell you the difference, well that goes some way in telling you what the sales guy is like.

1st rule of sales...know your product!!
No No ... dont get me wrong. He knows exactly what the difference between those two. But of course he won't tell us what are the bad point of them.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:56 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a cherokee when i was over there. Thing absolutely ruled off road. Very rarely ever even needed to let down the tires.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:27 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Gotta agree with the chaps, wouldn't look at either.

Are you using it to go offrod or to do the school run?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:31 am
semarang

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Gotta agree with the chaps, wouldn't look at either.

Are you using it to go offrod or to do the school run?
Off road now and again and school run most of the times ...

Can anyone suggest the alternative??? (within the price range, our $$$ are limited )
Old Feb 27th 2007, 5:08 am
thb
Just Joined

thb is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't look at the CR-V then, it's been designed to be a kind 4x4 so will struggle off road.

Are cars like the X-Trail or Pathfinder in your price range - both of those should be pretty good on and off road.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.