I love my Dubai

Old Aug 23rd 2006, 6:25 am
W10

Default I love my Dubai

Just to show that I'm not eternally grumpy about this place, I thought I'd share this with you all

http://www.khaleejtimes.ae/ilovemydubai.asp

Extra points for using the 'melting point' story

But this is the bit which intrigues me most...

"Above all, we have the best of the best systems of administration. So much so, Dubai is now planning to market its “systems and governance” to the outside world."

http://www.khaleejtimes.ae/ilovemydu...on=travel&col=

Old Aug 23rd 2006, 7:17 am
W10

Default Re: I love my Dubai

"But skin tone is as irrelevant as the individual’s race, creed, religion or other persuasions."

This must have been written by the Dubai Tourist Authority...

Old Aug 23rd 2006, 9:32 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

"We have the best roads, best residential areas, best civic and tourism infrastructure, and the best hotels and shopping malls."

Oh. My. God.

I've only been here just short of 3 weeks and find that hilarious.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 11:21 am
W10

Welcome to the dark side (or as I call it, real life )

"Above all, we have the best of the best systems of administration. So much so, Dubai is now planning to market its “systems and governance” to the outside world."

I can just imagine, if they are succesful with this plan, that paying my road tax in England in five years time will be 'Dubai-ised' and instead of simply going to the post office, handing in my form and paying. I will have to stand in 7 different queues, each filled with disinterested white Engishmen talking on their phones and occassionally looking up. I will have to pay to have someone fill my form out for me (even though it is already filled out) and all other white Englishmen will get priority in the queue.

Old Aug 23rd 2006, 3:14 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

:scared:
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:28 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on W10, that would never be on Gulf News's website would it????