Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

I know I dont belong here...

I know I dont belong here...

Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I know I dont belong here...

Originally Posted by Sherpa
Jesse if you are a US citizenand now have a child with your foreign husband surely there must be away for you both to be able to settle back in the USA !

Its not fair on the child to have to suffer for the fathers mistake anyway,have you sort advise on your situation from the relavent depts it would be a shame for you and your family to be stuck like this.

Best wishes jesse to finding away through this
knuckle dra... ..ah no..

'for the good of the forum'..

this reminds me of 'the greater good' in Hot Fuzz..
Old Mar 20th 2009, 10:04 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Hi as a british male also just recently moved to riyadh.
please have a look at this site lots of good ideas and there is also a ladies only clud so you could join that in the normal working hours.

http://www.britishcommunityservices....book/SUSI.html
keep in mind that though you don't live on a compound, doesn't stop you from participating in the compound activities. there's plenty of groups and coffee days at different compounds that are advertised around the place. shall see what can rustle up.

fyi, the chap who used to run BritishCommunityServices.com recently passed away and there doesn't appear to be anyone who'll take up the site.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 10:10 am
Banned

Sherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really nice

Originally Posted by admon
knuckle dra... ..ah no..

'for the good of the forum'..

this reminds me of 'the greater good' in Hot Fuzz..

Sorry admon dont get your reply
Old Mar 20th 2009, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by still.unsure
keep in mind that though you don't live on a compound, doesn't stop you from participating in the compound activities. there's plenty of groups and coffee days at different compounds that are advertised around the place. shall see what can rustle up.

fyi, the chap who used to run BritishCommunityServices.com recently passed away and there doesn't appear to be anyone who'll take up the site.
Wow i only spoke to bill a couple of weeks ago !!!!
Old Mar 20th 2009, 11:39 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Wow i only spoke to bill a couple of weeks ago !!!!
yeah, completely out of the blue and very quick (mercifully). his wife (leila?) has already returned to the UK
Old Mar 20th 2009, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

What a pair of big girls. Take your fight into the playground.

As for Jess, the original idea by Sherpa sounded logical, if you are now married and have a child, surely with you being US citizen,this gives entitlement to residence in US? A work colleague of my wife is also US citizen and married to an Egyptian, but living and working out here in Saudi. Are you really financially better off in Saudi than in Lebanon? Personally, I'd love to go to Beirut, but obviously if the pay is right.

Anyway, back to Riyadh - whereabouts are you living, do you have any compounds nearby you could walk to or get a short taxi ride to? It must be hard, looking after a young one and being house bound.

I guess we;lll be seeing a lot of you on here.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

The OP has stated that her husband has a 10 year ban from the US, you and the sherpa seem to be missing that fact.

If you understood anything about US immigration then you would know that this is a pretty dead end situation.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:05 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: I know I dont belong here...

Knock the fighting off, seriously, it's crap and annoying and doesn't help the OP at all.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Knock the fighting off, seriously, it's crap and annoying and doesn't help the OP at all.
Bob, the OP hasn't posted for ages.

I posted a genuine and concerned warning that the package wasn't good enough - no reply or even acknowledgement so far from the OP.

Jess, if you are out there.............. come back, even if only to tell everyone to shut up...........
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Well, admon may be an asshole, but, he's our asshole...
And, to the ones referring to the Lebanese cave and also making Lebanon appear as an "arsehole of the world", at least have some brains to research into a place before passing stupid judgements...
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean

I posted a genuine and concerned warning that the package wasn't good enough - no reply or even acknowledgement so far from the OP.

Jess, if you are out there.............. come back, even if only to tell everyone to shut up...........
I'm up for a fight...
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean

It's only been a day, not even...and I don't want the guff to put a newbie off on finding info, you know who I was meaning and it wasn't about your post, I'd agree with what you'd said.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bob
It's only been a day, not even...and I don't want the guff to put a newbie off on finding info, you know who I was meaning and it wasn't about your post, I'd agree with what you'd said.
You must be referring to commander...He's gone soft today...
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:37 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
You must be referring to commander...He's gone soft today...
Naw, think it was the nippleese guy....
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Naw, think it was the nippleese guy....
I was shooting at the general direction...And to reiterate, usually commander and a couple of others give people with questions a shitty time...
If there is a good reason for it, I'm willing to accomodate...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.