Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

I knew we were right....

I knew we were right....

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 5:25 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute
Angry I knew we were right....

Hi Guy

With reference to the question last night of what is Australia's national anthem, we were right! It's not God Save the Queen, it IS Advance Australia Fair. I got the following from a google search...

Australia’s National Anthem

Advance Australia Fair was proclaimed as our national anthem after exhaustive surveys of national opinion. In 1974 the Australian Bureau of Statistics conducted a national opinion poll of 60,000 and in 1977 a plebiscite for a national song was conducted. On each occasion, Advance Australia Fair was the preferred option, and it was in consideration of such support that Advance Australia Fair was proclaimed as the national anthem by the Governor-General on 19 April 1984.

Zannie x
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I knew we were right....

Doesn't matter....the whole night just wasn't the same without our good mate ju, jew or june or whatever his name is.

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 7:30 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kelvynd
Doesn't matter....the whole night just wasn't the same without our good mate ju, jew or june or whatever his name is.

agreed......... without Jue, there isnt much fun to be had.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Cecilia has a brilliant futureCecilia has a brilliant futureCecilia has a brilliant futureCecilia has a brilliant futureCecilia has a brilliant futureCecilia has a brilliant future

Just saw your messages. Your right 'Advance Australia Fair' is the National Anthem. Although some people would prefer it to be 'Waltzing Matilda'.