Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

I have just two things to mention today.

I have just two things to mention today.

Old Nov 20th 2004, 11:54 am
rafter

Default Re: I have just two things to mention today.

Originally Posted by novita77
My son not going back to school till tomorrow. Our weekend here Friday and Saturday. How come in Dubai going back to school on Saturday???
I never knew Qatar weekends were Friday and Sat...how come?

Old Nov 20th 2004, 12:26 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rafter

Thanks for the Karma Rafter
Old Nov 20th 2004, 12:38 pm
rafter

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Thanks for the Karma Rafter
Cheers HOG

Old Nov 20th 2004, 1:49 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
not at all... just now know that u need to have an eye test... did not the large lit up on my laptop give it away?! >!

http://www.apple.com/powerbook/index15.html

so u can brush up on ur knowledge... heh heh
s'ok - I am a pc neandathol - but now I know I feel soooo much better, thanyou for sharing your knowledge with me I will make ammends and never call (it) a PC again, incase it gets offended
Old Nov 20th 2004, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Elles
<snip>Whats' with the rap in the middle and also the wailing guitar solo (which I have to say sounds way out of tune) at the end of the song???<snip>
That'll be Justin Hawkins from The Darkness getting his own back on Bono for not being allowed to sing the line he wanted to.
Old Nov 20th 2004, 2:35 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers HOG
Mind you dont ruffle feathers there rafter - She prefers to be knowm as heart and she does bite
Old Nov 20th 2004, 3:11 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

yep..... only rebel member state in the GCC that switched back to wot the U.A.E had..... we enjoyed thurs+fri uptil a few years ago when the Saudis insisted we (ie, the GCC) unite our weekend holidays. So much 4 unity!
Old Nov 21st 2004, 5:40 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
s'ok - I am a pc neandathol - but now I know I feel soooo much better, thanyou for sharing your knowledge with me I will make ammends and never call (it) a PC again, incase it gets offended
thank you.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:43 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

i heard it on Thursday whern Will Young did the first play on the chris Moyles show on Radio 1... Bono sang the same line as he did in the original but he rest of it is crap.... and then we had Children in Need on last night as well.... hmm 2 good reasons NOT to be in the UK!

the question is... will it be available in HMV? and if so how long will it take before they relaise NOBODY like it!!! heh heh
Just heard that Band Aid thing for the first time..... I've never been a fan of the original (there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time - well no shit Sherlock), but this version is hilariously bad.... I nearly choked on my soup when the rap (Dizzee Rascal?) came on, and all that whiny guitar...

But Joe honey, even if you're in the UK, you have the option to turn off the TV or radio, I don't think leaving the country is absolutely necessary!!

And do you mean Virgin?
Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:50 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by kristy
Just heard that Band Aid thing for the first time..... I've never been a fan of the original (there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time - well no shit Sherlock), but this version is hilariously bad.... I nearly choked on my soup when the rap (Dizzee Rascal?) came on, and all that whiny guitar...

But Joe honey, even if you're in the UK, you have the option to turn off the TV or radio, I don't think leaving the country is absolutely necessary!!

And do you mean Virgin?
more fun to leave the country though... HMV, Virgin, Our Price.. all the same.. just different branding....
Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:55 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

more fun to leave the country though... HMV, Virgin, Our Price.. all the same.. just different branding....
Sensitive as always dear.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:58 am
The 5th Amendment

Sensitive as always dear.
yes, of course... i am a taurus...
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:09 am
Troublemaker

yes, of course... i am a taurus...
Taurus (the bull) is determined and peaceful. Although you are not a leader, you will recognize someone with great leadership qualities and follow them. You try to remain the same as everyone else, and are resistant to change. People will enjoy you because you have a good sense of humor and are intelligent. You are a dependable friend who is not scared off by a challenge. You may believe so strongly in your values that you will sacrifice relationships to uphold them. Some Taureans need to be told that they did a good job after accomplishing a task before they feel that they have really accomplished anything. Your friends are people in the same social standing as you, and you rarely go outside of that standing. Although you are calm and generally against fighting, you will fight if someone is provoking you. Your temper tends to explode in violent bursts that are not always directed at the person they should be.

Taureans are prone to throat illnesses, and are at risk of being overweight.

You are faithful by nature and don't indulge in love affairs unnecessarily. You like to be friendly with the opposite sex but do not go far. If you develop a weakness for the opposite sex, this could lead you into trouble.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:10 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Taurus (the bull) is determined and peaceful. Although you are not a leader, you will recognize someone with great leadership qualities and follow them. You try to remain the same as everyone else, and are resistant to change. People will enjoy you because you have a good sense of humor and are intelligent. You are a dependable friend who is not scared off by a challenge. You may believe so strongly in your values that you will sacrifice relationships to uphold them. Some Taureans need to be told that they did a good job after accomplishing a task before they feel that they have really accomplished anything. Your friends are people in the same social standing as you, and you rarely go outside of that standing. Although you are calm and generally against fighting, you will fight if someone is provoking you. Your temper tends to explode in violent bursts that are not always directed at the person they should be.

Taureans are prone to throat illnesses, and are at risk of being overweight.

You are faithful by nature and don't indulge in love affairs unnecessarily. You like to be friendly with the opposite sex but do not go far. If you develop a weakness for the opposite sex, this could lead you into trouble.
Kristy... is that what Joe like???
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:17 am
Troublemaker

Originally Posted by novita77
Kristy... is that what Joe like???
Yes, pretty much! Although he does like to be a leader.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.