i hate HSBC!!!!

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

cod head is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry i hate HSBC!!!!

argh! i've totally had it with HSBC in the UAE - they are hopeless - still pay standing orders despite having been cancelled, never follow up when you raise a complaint and you cant get your money back!!! Plus ive still not been contacted about fraud on my card in early December. I have never had such bad service ever......

i really, really want to move my current account, but i need recommendations if any of the Dubai banks are better?

:curse:
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:08 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i hate HSBC!!!!

Originally Posted by cod head
argh! i've totally had it with HSBC in the UAE - they are hopeless - still pay standing orders despite having been cancelled, never follow up when you raise a complaint and you cant get your money back!!! Plus ive still not been contacted about fraud on my card in early December. I have never had such bad service ever......

i really, really want to move my current account, but i need recommendations if any of the Dubai banks are better?

I hear HSBC are OK....
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

I use Barclays and FGB myself..what do you want from your bank?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Lower your expectations and you'll be much more satisifed.
or go to mashreq. never had an issue with them.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

i'm with nbd, they are fine...emirates meant to be ok too...agree about hsbc, they are shiter than shite...

MM, xx
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, Auto is deleting all HSBC hate threads...
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 6:05 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i'm with nbd, they are fine...emirates meant to be ok too...agree about hsbc, they are shiter than shite...

MM, xx
just had (no kidding) 3 x 45 minute calls with HSBC about their ethiad privelage card that they cancelled then reissued but cancelled again.

foooking useless
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 3:42 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
just had (no kidding) 3 x 45 minute calls with HSBC about their ethiad privelage card that they cancelled then reissued but cancelled again.

foooking useless
I'm with HSBC as well, they be better off employing nutless monkeys to work there, they are all, to a man (or woman) completely useless.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I'm with HSBC as well, they be better off employing nutless monkeys to work there, they are all, to a man (or woman) completely useless.
i think for the most part they already do..

apart from our delightful Indie, of course..
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:29 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I wrote out a check the other day for my maids cleaning company...it came back from the bank saying it had been altered, but it wasn't...so took it to Lloyds, had a million people look at it and they all couldn't see what the problem was, the only thing they could come up with was that the computer probably couldn't read my handwriting, which is a bit weird cause I have been writing similar cheques for 4 years...so I still ended up paying the 100 dsh 'fine' the cleaning company charges for this...
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:49 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
I wrote out a check the other day for my maids cleaning company...it came back from the bank saying it had been altered, but it wasn't...so took it to Lloyds, had a million people look at it and they all couldn't see what the problem was, the only thing they could come up with was that the computer probably couldn't read my handwriting, which is a bit weird cause I have been writing similar cheques for 4 years...so I still ended up paying the 100 dsh 'fine' the cleaning company charges for this...
Had a similar problem where HSBC could not read the date on a salary cheque issued by NBD and so my boss had to rewrite the cheque. The original cheque was returned and the date was as clear as day. HSBC are rubbish but sadly none of the other banks seem much better.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 6:40 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

All Dubai banks are franchises...even the better ones are literally decades behind other countries.

Get yourself a good, reliable offshore bank for things like standing orders etc. You'll also have more protection and security (if you die, run someone over, have a nasty sponsor etc your local accounts can be frozen with ease!)

If you PM me I can recommend one or two myself.

Regards

N.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:11 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
All Dubai banks are franchises...even the better ones are literally decades behind other countries.

Get yourself a good, reliable offshore bank for things like standing orders etc. You'll also have more protection and security (if you die, run someone over, have a nasty sponsor etc your local accounts can be frozen with ease!)

If you PM me I can recommend one or two myself.

Regards

N.
agree, my salary goes to an offshore bank, my spending money is transferred as required. Leave nothing in banks here...
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

ssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by commander
agree, my salary goes to an offshore bank, my spending money is transferred as required. Leave nothing in banks here...
Is that a dirham salary paid off-shore commander? If not don't you get hit with exch rates fees when you xfer etc?

I'm with HSBC here and agree that they are useless sometimes but I weigh that against the convinience of access to a 'local' bank.

Admittedley my account is basic.....i.e salary in & cash machine and cc payment out - so it ain't too complicated a process....(you'd think).

On the upside they do pay 5.3% on my loose change as well so not all bad