Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

I bought a police car

I bought a police car

Old Mar 20th 2012, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default I bought a police car

Now what?

It's currently in Sharjah without plates. The guy tells me that he will transfer the ownership to me today. Anyone know what the next steps are? Some questions that spring to mind:

1) It doesn't have export plates. Can I just rock up to an RTA centre and they will register it for me (assuming it passes the test?)

2) I have a letter from AD police regarding the change of colour - do I need to do this before or after registering it? If I register it in Dubai will my AD letter become void?

3) Will I need to register this in AD (it's last place of ownership) or can I register it in Dubai / Sharjah? I kind of prefer to register it in Sharjah to keep the driving to a minimum.

4) How on earth did the guy know my middle name without me telling him? Me thinks he looked up my mobile number somewhere.

Last edited by Millhouse; Mar 20th 2012 at 3:54 am.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I bought a police car

answer....you can do what you like...you are now THE LAW
Old Mar 20th 2012, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Fuzzhouse
Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

You're my hero.

Please can I come for a ride?
Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
You're my hero.

Please can I come for a ride?
Only if you clean the blood stains in the back for me.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:15 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

This?

I bought a police car-car.bmp
Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Deal.

As long as I don't have to use my tongue this time. It wasn't fair when you pulled that one on me last time.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I have Winston Wolf's number if you're interested?
Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:58 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

I thought that to transfer from one emirate to another it needed export plates, I bought a car from Ajman and needed to register it in Dubai, it needed export plates. Also can't you only register it in the emirate that your visa says you live in? Doesn't the djin you're buying from know the answers? easiest thing is to pay him AED100 or so and get him to register it for you - or use those registeration companies, saves all the ball ache.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 9:34 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been watching the Blues Brothers?
Old Mar 20th 2012, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Does it still have the megaphone so you can shout at drivers to get out of the way?
Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Elwood Millhouse Blues...

Might be a daft question but have you seen the thing with the engine running and moving under it's own steam?
Old Mar 20th 2012, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Robajob
Elwood Millhouse Blues...

Might be a daft question but have you seen the thing with the engine running and moving under it's own steam?
Yup, driven and inspected it (by torchlight) including racing it up and down the backstreets of Sharjah. Tested the 4x4 box and did a hot and cold start...
Old Mar 21st 2012, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

I think that the policemen at the station where you purchased the used police car would be helpful in guiding you on what you need to do to make the transfer of ownership legal. Is it a BMW?
Old Mar 21st 2012, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Debowing
I think that the policemen at the station where you purchased the used police car would be helpful in guiding you on what you need to do to make the transfer of ownership legal. Is it a BMW?
If only it was that simple... I bought it from a government official who had got it from auction. In fairness, he has been great and everything now seems in place. It's a Nissan Patrol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.