Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

HSBC UAE stolen card number

HSBC UAE stolen card number

Old Apr 14th 2011, 4:57 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default HSBC UAE stolen card number

Hey!

Does anyone have the stolen card number for HSBC UAE? A LloydsTSB machine stole my bank card (gave absolutely no reason to retain it – just decided to after freezing for two minutes). Rang LloydsTSB who said they'd inform the branch the ATM was in not to shred the card under any circumstances, only to be told by the branch staff this morning that they'd shredded it anyway.

I won't lie. I did lose my rag, because I'm in the UK until Saturday afternoon and will have to borrow money for the next couple of days, including getting home and getting to work until my replacement card arrives.

I also informed them that they'd be paying the replacement fee. They didn't look too happy about that – though it is tough shit as they were told not to shred it.

Anyway, as I was saying, I need the stolen card number. I'd rather get the ball running now than wait till I'm back and be without access to my bank account for several days.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 5:29 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HSBC UAE stolen card number

HSBC personal banking 24 hour service: +9714 366 9090

Assuming this is a debit card we're talking about and you're a bog standard customer
Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff

I also informed them that they'd be paying the replacement fee. They didn't look too happy about that – though it is tough shit as they were told not to shred it.
good luck with this mess. I'd be surprised if they pay for that, let us know how it ends.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 5:48 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

But your HSBC card was not stolen.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 8:15 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
But your HSBC card was not stolen.
Definition of steal: to take (the property of another or others) without permission, especially secretly or by force.

Seeing as how Lloyds took it without my permission and then subsequently destroyed it despite being told not to, I'd class that as stealing it.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

It's standard practice to shred it unless it gets swallowed by an ATM with your bank as far as I know. Even then, it's probably quicker to cancel it and order a new card from your bank.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

RedRoar75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paracletus
It's standard practice to shred it unless it gets swallowed by an ATM with your bank as far as I know. Even then, it's probably quicker to cancel it and order a new card from your bank.
Takes a few days though... lost my wallet and had to wait for HSBC replacement.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:04 pm
You read these things?

Well, HSBC waived the cost of the replacement. I ordered it Sunday evening, and they said around a week. Seeing as how I didn't hear from anyone today, I assume I won't get it back until Sunday at the earliest now.

Oh well, looks like it's going to be a quiet weekend for me.