Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How to visit countries from Dubai on a day trip...

How to visit countries from Dubai on a day trip...

Old Jul 7th 2011, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

shandolier is on a distinguished road
Default How to visit countries from Dubai on a day trip...

I am in a long running competition with my brothers to visit as many countries as we can. Living as I do in Dubai, I reckon this is a good opportunity to notch up quite a number that are beyond their reach from the UK. So far I've done quite well in the Gulf and Africa on work trips and hols, but I think I can stretch things to some of the more obscure destinations...

I know that there are some visa run options to places like Bahrain but how easy is it for a British passport holder to do a (safe) trip to places like Iran or Afghanistan? I did the Bahrain trip where you just walk off that plane, through customs so you get the stamp then straight back onto the same aircraft for the return flight. Are there any others like this that can work? Ideally I'm looking to do these trips in just 1 day, don't mind spending time twiddling my thumbs at an airport for a few hours and come back later that day.

Any advice?
Old Jul 7th 2011, 6:32 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to visit countries from Dubai on a day trip...

Your problem is going to be the visa. Get an Indian and Pakistani one and those two countries are easy day trips.

For Iran you could cheat and go to Kish...

You can get a visa on arrival in Jordan, and Disneyland is possible if you pass through it.

You could probably do Iraq (specifically Kurdistan) without issue but I wouldn't risk Afghanistan. The other 'Stans could be fun though.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to visit countries from Dubai on a day trip...

I wouldnt be too sure about Pakistan being a safe place right now...