Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How useless are your staff?

View Poll Results: How useless are your staff?
totally bloody useless - I call them all George Bush
19.35%
90% useless - like yer average shop assistant
19.35%
50% useless - bit like the rhythm method
29.03%
not too bad actually
19.35%
what staff?
12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

How useless are your staff?

Old Jan 7th 2012, 5:29 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute
Default How useless are your staff?

I have three - THREE - decent people out of fifteen. That's decent. Not good, not particularly talented, just decent.

The rest are backstabbing little ****ers who haven't a brain cell between them. I've had to deal with total incompetence, breathless uselessness and astonishing egos. One guy told me last week that he couldn't make meetings because he was a genius. Really. Another actually sabotaged an edit in a misguided attempt to make me look bad. My news producer (ex, since Thursday) thought two week old stories were news and frequently got the story completely wrong anyway.

I'm thinking of designing a t-shirt with "I'm with stupid" on it and arrows pointing in all directions, including up at my face for agreeing to work with this bunch of reprobates.

Whilst moaning on about this to my mate, she claimed that this was normal in the middle east...

Is it? I'm intrigued to know. Cos Ive certainly never come across such monumental crapness in my entire life.
Old Jan 7th 2012, 6:21 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How useless are your staff?

Originally Posted by lullabelle
I have three - THREE - decent people out of fifteen. That's decent. Not good, not particularly talented, just decent.

The rest are backstabbing little ****ers who haven't a brain cell between them. I've had to deal with total incompetence, breathless uselessness and astonishing egos. One guy told me last week that he couldn't make meetings because he was a genius. Really. Another actually sabotaged an edit in a misguided attempt to make me look bad. My news producer (ex, since Thursday) thought two week old stories were news and frequently got the story completely wrong anyway.

I'm thinking of designing a t-shirt with "I'm with stupid" on it and arrows pointing in all directions, including up at my face for agreeing to work with this bunch of reprobates.

Whilst moaning on about this to my mate, she claimed that this was normal in the middle east...

Is it? I'm intrigued to know. Cos Ive certainly never come across such monumental crapness in my entire life.
It is. I'm always asking myself whether being made to work alone on a magazine is a blessing or a curse. In the UK, it'd be a straight curse. Over here though, I'm not so sure.
Old Jan 7th 2012, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Nationalities?
Old Jan 7th 2012, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

stereotypes exist for a reason
Old Jan 7th 2012, 10:44 pm
Banned

twisty100 will become famous soon enough

BRILLIANT.. Welcome to Dubai...
Old Jan 8th 2012, 2:33 am
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

Originally Posted by twisty100
BRILLIANT.. Welcome to Dubai...
Not only dubai, welcome to Doha as well ,-)
Old Jan 8th 2012, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

NurseNinja is an unknown quantity at this point

not wanting to badmouth an entire people : but one might say their is a void of work ethic here
Old Jan 8th 2012, 4:23 am
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

The crap people broken down into nationalities in order of crapness

Iranian
Pakistani
Filipino

I would say the Iranians fall into the "backstabbing sabotaging *genius* category.

The Pakistani's and Filipino's into the "bloody useless, no initiative, no sense" category.

But my three best ones are from Iran, Pakistan and the Philippines. So you cant really generalise on nationalities.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 4:28 am
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

its also depends on the industrie where they work in. Eg Philipinios have a good knowledge of CNC machinery some of them are able to work in europe!!
Old Jan 8th 2012, 5:19 am
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of

The crap people broken down into nationalities in order of crapness

Iranian
Pakistani
Filipino

I would say the Iranians fall into the "backstabbing sabotaging *genius* category.

The Pakistani's and Filipino's into the "bloody useless, no initiative, no sense" category.

But my three best ones are from Iran, Pakistan and the Philippines. So you cant really generalise on nationalities.
Count yourself lucky you don't have to work with Lebos and Egyptians...

The cherry on the cake is our HR department which is almost entirely staffed by locals, a more useless bunch I have never come across in 30 odd years of working. I haven't been paid on time once, lost passports, screwed up iqama, no health insurance for months, 10 months wait for expenses to be paid... I reckon 15% of my total working time here has been wasted trying to get things sorted out in HR.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. It's normal. When I worked at a certain Sovereign Wealth Fund you had one person for one job. The same job that they had been doing for 15+ years. And they were still crap at it. And when they were off, the job wouldn't get done.

Useless. Lazy. No accountability. Welcome to the UAE
Old Jan 8th 2012, 10:12 am
Perky but sarky

Originally Posted by iamthestig
Count yourself lucky you don't have to work with Lebos and Egyptians...

The cherry on the cake is our HR department which is almost entirely staffed by locals, a more useless bunch I have never come across in 30 odd years of working. I haven't been paid on time once, lost passports, screwed up iqama, no health insurance for months, 10 months wait for expenses to be paid... I reckon 15% of my total working time here has been wasted trying to get things sorted out in HR.
My old HR department was mostly locals apart from one poor overworked guy.

They were entirely useless.

One of them spent the entire month putting together the email which featured pictures and mini biogs of new recruits. Maybe 4 or 5 people each month. She still managed to spell my name wrong, mix it up with someone else's, and claim I'd learned lighting design in the Phillipines (errr.... not me guv)
Old Jan 8th 2012, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

The guys that work for me aren't too bad, apart from a moments of intense stupidity..
Old Jan 9th 2012, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

You all seem to be assuming that these employees are "useless", "incompetent", etc............ thus implying that they don't know any better.

I actually have a theory that it's deliberate.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 5:12 am
Perky but sarky

Originally Posted by The Dean
You all seem to be assuming that these employees are "useless", "incompetent", etc............ thus implying that they don't know any better.

I actually have a theory that it's deliberate.
It is. But having seen their body of work before I joined I can confirm that they have always been pretty crap.

Anyway, had enough. Going home. This lot and the shoreline saga has finished me off. We're outta here by end of Jan I think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.