Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

HOW t work in Saudi???

HOW t work in Saudi???

Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Quickyj has a brilliant futureQuickyj has a brilliant futureQuickyj has a brilliant futureQuickyj has a brilliant futureQuickyj has a brilliant futureQuickyj has a brilliant future
Default HOW t work in Saudi???

How easy is it to work in Saudi?? I've been offered 50 Contract opportunities for a Financial Organisation in Saudi, however they are short term contracts, 6-12 months.....

Are there any ways of going around the orthodox visa process that is obviously NOT illegal..??

From what i understand the current process of obtaining a work visa, is incredibly long and arduous.

HELP ME....

Thanks.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

axlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant future
Default Re: HOW t work in Saudi???

Originally Posted by Quickyj
How easy is it to work in Saudi?? I've been offered 50 Contract opportunities for a Financial Organisation in Saudi, however they are short term contracts, 6-12 months.....

Are there any ways of going around the orthodox visa process that is obviously NOT illegal..??

From what i understand the current process of obtaining a work visa, is incredibly long and arduous.

HELP ME....

Thanks.
50 opportunities, surely 1 of them will sort your visa?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Quickyj has a brilliant futureQuickyj has a brilliant futureQuickyj has a brilliant futureQuickyj has a brilliant futureQuickyj has a brilliant futureQuickyj has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by axlenoyl
50 opportunities, surely 1 of them will sort your visa?
They'e not for me. One of my clients has 50 jobs for a new implementation project... How easy is it to get Visa's from lads/lasses from Europe or the UK??
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

axlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant future

The users of this forum are very helpful, but you will certainly find plenty of information on visas on various threads, in short there is no easy way round it. My partners took about 4 weeks but his company sorted it.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:28 pm

LeicesterKid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Quickyj
One of my clients has 50 jobs for a new implementation project...
Sounds interesting. I am interested in moving to Saudi or other gulf areas. What are these roles for and who can I speak to for more info.

Does anyone know of any good agencies in UK or Saudi for jobs in IT or Banking Project Management.

Thanks.

LK
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LeicesterKid
Sounds interesting. I am interested in moving to Saudi or other gulf areas. What are these roles for and who can I speak to for more info.

Does anyone know of any good agencies in UK or Saudi for jobs in IT or Banking Project Management.

Thanks.

LK
That'll be exactly what i'm after, just deciding whether to take on the work or not, because of the visas...
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:24 pm

LeicesterKid is an unknown quantity at this point

I spoke to a friend of mine in Saudi who happens to be a Saudi Local.

He advised that provided a company in Saudi sponsors you (ie. an employee with a UK Passport) you can get the visa in a matter of days, all you need is a letter of invitation which they send you which is endorsed by some government office. You can send for it by posting you passport with the relevant documents.

I had a friend of mine who sponsored me under his company, as a somone who wishes to advise him on company processes. I got the visa in 5 days by post.

But for getting a Iqama, which is like a work permit (think of it like a green card in the USA) I think its a process which you have to do in Saudi. An Iqama will allow you to open bank accounts and do all the things as an expat resident.