British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   how to search for jobs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/how-search-jobs-915473/)

sara_job Jul 29th 2018 3:28 pm

how to search for jobs

Hi everyone, I currently live in the UK and would love to move to ME preferably Qatar or Saudi, can someone shed a light or name agencies, sites? any tips Thanks

Millhouse Jul 30th 2018 5:11 am

Re: how to search for jobs

Originally Posted by sara_job (Post 12540427)
Hi everyone, I currently live in the UK and would love to move to ME preferably Qatar or Saudi, can someone shed a light or name agencies, sites? any tips Thanks

nobody would love to move to Qatar.

Miss Ann Thrope Jul 30th 2018 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12540610)

nobody would love to move to Qatar.

because of course they would all prefer to move to Saudi...? Especially somebody with the profile name Sara - to work?

reddiva Jul 30th 2018 6:16 am

What do you do for a living? How many years experience? education etc

Bahtatboy Jul 30th 2018 9:13 am

As Reddiva asks, quals, experience and so on are relevant so that we can respond accordingly.

Gender is also highly relevant, as are your reasons for wanting to relocate there, if you want tips.

sara_job Aug 1st 2018 11:40 am

Originally Posted by reddiva (Post 12540634)
What do you do for a living? How many years experience? education etc

Recent graduate, Mechanical Engineering, I have one year experience. I am hopping to find an entry level graduate job in the oil and gas sector.

reddiva Aug 1st 2018 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by sara_job (Post 12541742)
Recent graduate, Mechanical Engineering, I have one year experience. I am hopping to find an entry level graduate job in the oil and gas sector.

Most graduates in oil and gas are Qatari in ( Qatar) or Saudi in Saudi Most operators have made massive cuts and government companies will only recruit nationals. It will be tough market for you to penetrate as it still is recovering
I work this sector in the UAE but unless you have a minimum of 5 years experience with a major operator my clients would not look at you.