Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How to purchase cheap second hand car in the UAE?

How to purchase cheap second hand car in the UAE?

Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:38 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to purchase cheap second hand car in the UAE?

Originally Posted by Confucius
I still beg to differ on your first paragraph...
3,000 cars a year, that about 8-9 cars towed out on an average day...Still alot...Plus, there are thousands upon thousands of cars left in the parking at home...There are 2 cars in my building alone...
there are hundreds of cars lying on some land near Wellington school, I wonder if they are the ones that have been dumped?
Old Apr 24th 2009, 11:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Why would you? You already have said you dont need one???
Good question.....especially as the same poster is also trying to buy cheap houses in various places.
Maybe they are confused and think this is ebay?
Old Apr 24th 2009, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Location: Currently in The Greens (arrived in Dubai on 22nd May 2009!).
FunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Good question.....especially as the same poster is also trying to buy cheap houses in various places.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 11:37 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=605169

Looks familiar
Old Apr 24th 2009, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grapefruit
3000 a year is not insignificant, but is much less than the 30,000 to 60,000 per year implied by the reports (or more if you assume that not all abandoned cars in Dubai end up at Dubai Airport).
So, in replying to me, you're using the same thing that I said in post #14, and telling me almost the same statement in different words?
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:13 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

grapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nice

So, in replying to me, you're using the same thing that I said in post #14, and telling me almost the same statement in different words?
What ?

I thought you begged to differ with me in your previous post. If I said the same thing as you, then where did you differ with me in the first place ?
Old Apr 25th 2009, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Those reports misinterpreted a published statistic of 3000 abandoned cars in Dubai during 2008, not Dubai airport in December 2008 as the many illiterate journalists said.

Cheap places would be classified ads at supermarkets, online, newspapers. And bargain hard. I doubt car dealers would be much good, they've never been easy to negotiate with (I haven't tried recently). There's also auctions at the Al Awir car market.
I still beg to differ on your first paragraph...
3,000 cars a year, that about 8-9 cars towed out on an average day...Still alot...Plus, there are thousands upon thousands of cars left in the parking at home...There are 2 cars in my building alone...
3000 a year is not insignificant, but is much less than the 30,000 to 60,000 per year implied by the reports (or more if you assume that not all abandoned cars in Dubai end up at Dubai Airport).
What ?

I thought you begged to differ with me in your previous post. If I said the same thing as you, then where did you differ with me in the first place ?
This is getting rather confusing...
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

grapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nice

This is getting rather confusing...
Quite.

What I thought I meant to say, notwithstanding anything I said but didn't mean, and attempting not to drift too far from the most pertinent matters, thinking aloud I mean, but without putting too much thought into it, and not intending to confuse the issue at hand, which presumably is the meaning of what I meant to say in the first place to address the aforementioned issue regarding the subject of what I originally replied to, which prompted my comments in the first place after ah ah ... ...

... er, I forgot what I was trying to say
Old Apr 25th 2009, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quite.

What I thought I meant to say, notwithstanding anything I said but didn't mean, and attempting not to drift too far from the most pertinent matters, thinking aloud I mean, but without putting too much thought into it, and not intending to confuse the issue at hand, which presumably is the meaning of what I meant to say in the first place to address the aforementioned issue regarding the subject of what I originally replied to, which prompted my comments in the first place after ah ah ... ...

... er, I forgot what I was trying to say
Just eat more fruit...You'll do fine...
Old Apr 26th 2009, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

n1na is an unknown quantity at this point

I know, guys, IT IS a discussion forum! But how you all are not lazy to waste your time on posting all those comments.
I found the topic interesting and went through it (as I also would be interested to get a second hand car....) just to find all your "funny" comments and no info (happens to many topics on the board). And what is SO BAD if someone wants to buy smth cheap. Is it not what we all want? Would it make sense, may be, to answer when you REALLY have smth to say...or you are just bored at home?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kazic
No, it is not making a 'quick back of someones misfortune'. I already have a care. However, I would purchase another one (if offered cheaply) just for travelling abroad. But, it is not a necessity. If people are indeed leaving their carts at the airports, it may be better if they would also get some money for them.
Excuse me but don't you think people are leaving cars at the airport only because money is still owed to the bank for them?? Otherwise they would sell them or give them to their best friends ............ what are you??
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:10 am
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Smoochy Girl;7514786]Excuse me but don't you think people are leaving cars at the airport only because money is still owed to the bank for them?? Otherwise they would sell them or give them to their best friends ............ what are you??[/QUOTE]

hee hee...!!!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

kazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nice

Well, I find it indeed fascinating. There is a big financial crisis worldwide, people are forced to leave UAE or Spain or many other countries (philipinos leaving Malaysa) .... But, in spite of this, the leaving expats are not able to sell their assets in countries they want to leave.

You can not sell your car in the UAE because you owe to bank more than market value of the car. You are forced to leave your car at the airport without possibility to sell it for a lower price.

In Spain, you want to sell your house and you can not find ANY buyer. At the same time interested buyer can not find interested seller because internet real estate sites act as if nothing has happened. The asking prices are those of 2008.

This crisis may be a great opportunity for some IT freak who can become rich by sorting this problem and helping the serious seller and serious buyer to exchange their contracts.