Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How much should I pay our new maid?

How much should I pay our new maid?

Old Jan 29th 2019, 1:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: How much should I pay our new maid?

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Mostly taxi drivers in my experience
Snigger.
Old Jan 30th 2019, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reddiva
When you say own visa. Do you mean via an agency? I only ask because if she isnt sponsored by you or an agency and is sponsored by Husband or another person ( The latter meaning she is moonlighting part time) then she could get into serious bother and her sponsor would get a massive fine
If every maid that was doing some extra cleaning and baby sitting on her days off got into bother, there would be none left in the country.

Old Jan 30th 2019, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Queef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pongo
I’ll never understand why you would leave the most precious thing in your life in the sole charge of a random stranger.
Old Jan 30th 2019, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

No idea if its true but some woman here was interviewing maid after her old one left/moved on. During one interview the maid asked questions like timings to get rugrats to school, uniforms etc. Next came to salary - she was offered slightly higher than the normal rate for a live in maid. Maid turned around and said "Fine but if the husband and her (older) son want to sleep with me that will be extra !"
Old Jan 30th 2019, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Queef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond repute

In the summer of 2018 I was enjoying a hot cup of coffee on the beach, as us Europeans wont to do, and I saw something that I will never forget. A young pudgy couple were scouting the beach, looking for the perfect spot to set up camp. Following closely behind them were their two unruly kids, who, like their parents; were disproportionately wide.

And several steps behind them, there was an elderly Filipino maid in full uniform, carrying a cooler in one hand, two folded deck chairs in the other hand, whilst simultaneously trying to shepherd the two little sh*ts towards their parents. They walked back and forth several times unable to make up their minds. Meanwhile, said maid is still trudging along behind them, sweating buckets.

They finally decide on a spot and on instruction, the maid unfolds the two deck chairs for the young couple to sit down. The maid spent the next 30 minutes standing next to them handing them cold drinks from the cooler.

It's a true story, and every time I hear or see the word "maid" I see this image.
Old Jan 30th 2019, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
No idea if its true but some woman here was interviewing maid after her old one left/moved on. During one interview the maid asked questions like timings to get rugrats to school, uniforms etc. Next came to salary - she was offered slightly higher than the normal rate for a live in maid. Maid turned around and said "Fine but if the husband and her (older) son want to sleep with me that will be extra !"
not uncommon. marital duties - certainly added to my list of questions.

Im amazed how many are treated; one 5 hour day off a month, sleeping on the kitchen floor, shouting at them. The sob stories are endless and hardens you. Can’t save them all.
Old Jan 30th 2019, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Millhouse

Im amazed how many are treated; one 5 hour day off a month, sleeping on the kitchen floor, shouting at them. The sob stories are endless and hardens you. Can’t save them all.
Habibi it's not the maids that need saving. It's the "humans" that support and justify this behavior using, at best; economics and at worst, racial profiling
Old Jan 30th 2019, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Is this forum now the bastard child of expatwimmin and maids in uae (fb group)?
Old Jan 31st 2019, 5:55 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
There's some horrific stuff out there, I can't imagine any friend of mine who would have a maid living or working under these kind of circumstances. However it must go on, and logically some people I know then must be like that in private.