Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How much do you save?

How much do you save?

Old Jul 3rd 2005, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Question How much do you save?

Hi,
Just wan't to get an idea (sorry if I'm being nosey) - but what % of your income do you manage to save here ? (you could include mortgage payments as well)

I wanted to do one of those polls - couldn't figure out how. If someone could help...that would be great. Thanks

Anya
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much do you save?

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Hi,
Just wan't to get an idea (sorry if I'm being nosey) - but what % of your income do you manage to save here ? (you could include mortgage payments as well)

I wanted to do one of those polls - couldn't figure out how. If someone could help...that would be great. Thanks

Anya
I save twice as much as I did in Uk.
some of that is attributed to not paying tax.
some of that is attributed to having housing and vehicle expenses paid.

Am saving about 55% of my total package each month or 75% of my base salary. Not spending too much though as saving for house.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelvynd
I save twice as much as I did in Uk.
some of that is attributed to not paying tax.
some of that is attributed to having housing and vehicle expenses paid.

Am saving about 55% of my total package each month or 75% of my base salary. Not spending too much though as saving for house.

Thanks for the info. In our case, the employer provides a 'salary' plus insurance and airfares - no perks - like car, house, education etc. This suits us better- because we can then decide for ourselves how much we spend and how much we save. We save about the same as you - 75-80 % of income - depending on how much bonus we get paid at the end of theyear!

Cheers
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 11:25 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Hi,

Anya
Saving I always live outside my means

Saved nowt yet after 1 year.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 5:18 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey..... same as JB.....absolutely nothing........
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

I save 98% of my salary.....
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 5:22 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shoushou
I save 98% of my salary.....
hmmmmmm.....for how long?
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
hmmmmmm.....for how long?
For always...
I let my wife pay for everything
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 5:32 pm
Premium Member

For always...
I let my wife pay for everything
touche......
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

touche......
I learned that art from my first wife
(The saving,just to make it clear with everyone)
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 5:38 pm
Premium Member

I learned that art from my first wife
(The saving,just to make it clear with everyone)
Stangely enough my first one used to spend it befor ei'de earned it...got a nasty surprise when halfway thru a 7 month trip I stopped sending cash home.... the rest is history
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Stangely enough my first one used to spend it befor ei'de earned it...got a nasty surprise when halfway thru a 7 month trip I stopped sending cash home.... the rest is history
Im sure you had the same look on your face as in your avatar when you realised that
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 5:53 pm
Premium Member

Im sure you had the same look on your face as in your avatar when you realised that
twas no skin off my nose......she had a sour face though when the cash ran out, I was at on an island in the Caribbean drinking cold beers at the time..... chilling......... lol........twas a great feeling........
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

twas no skin off my nose......she had a sour face though when the cash ran out, I was at on an island in the Caribbean drinking cold beers at the time..... chilling......... lol........twas a great feeling........
Aaahhhh the islands.The best places for revenge....
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 6:03 pm
Premium Member

Aaahhhh the islands.The best places for revenge....
absolutely. Spent a few days chilling out, decided on the next move and bobs yr uncle...6 weeks later.......no more mrs.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.