Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

how much cash for quick Doha visit

how much cash for quick Doha visit

Old Apr 12th 2012, 3:41 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute
Default how much cash for quick Doha visit

I am about to make my flying interview visit to Doha and wondered how much cash I will need.

Airport transfers, hotel costs are being covered but if I wanted to get out and about on my own for an afternoon how much cash will i need for taxi's around Doha and maybe a snack early evening or can I use credit cards for most things?
Old Apr 12th 2012, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much cash for quick Doha visit

500 Riyals, tops
Old Apr 12th 2012, 4:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
500 Riyals, tops
what about food?
Old Apr 12th 2012, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
what about food?

I would have thought that 100 would easily cover a meal at Nando's or Applebee's at the the City Centre Mall. They all accept credit cards there anyway. Taxi from the airport to West Bay is what, 30?
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:07 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

You flying in and out the same day??
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:25 am
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all

You can use your card for everything - you should not spend more than 100 quid depending on where you eat and if you add on a few beers. This is in the region of 500 Qatari Riyals.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:52 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
You flying in and out the same day??
No arrive Saturday fly back out Monday.

Beng meet at the Airport by "Al Maha" - some sort of meet and greet service that get me through the airport. Then the hotel's driver is collecting me. Si have two nights in Doha and wanted to have a look around on Saturday afternoon - which should be OK based on some of the other posts on here.

Open to any suggestions though for what to do / where to go.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

It'll take you about 2 minutes
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:20 pm

i will see everything several times then!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:46 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

That's atleast 1 night out in my book................which hotel have they put you in??
Old Apr 13th 2012, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76
That's atleast 1 night out in my book................which hotel have they put you in??
The Renaissance, city centre
Old Apr 13th 2012, 8:32 am
Shark Fisherman

A couple of good places to eat in there and a 2 minute taxi to W hotel. You will find plenty to do and spend money on.........
Old Apr 13th 2012, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Originally Posted by P18PPS
The Renaissance, city centre
a number of bars and restaurants in the hotel complex. The souk (Taxi QR 20) is worth a visit. In the opposite direction the golf club has a decent bar and food (Qr 30 taxi). See the Pearl and Katara "cultural" village the way. Nothing exciting.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 11:36 pm