Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

how much can we earn?

how much can we earn?

Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

KJDub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how much can we earn?

We are considering moving to dubhai. My husband is an offset printer, has been for 15 years. has worked with Heidelberg and is now managing production for an offset printing business. I am assuming that he stands to make some decent $'s given his experiennce. but I have no idea where to start looking to find out what sort of package we can get. can anyone help?
Thanks
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:34 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much can we earn?

Welcome to BE

Have a search on the forums...plenty of threads on packages people have gotten...also plenty of info in the wiki about recruitment agencies and various lifestyle stuff.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I had a friend who had a similar background and was unable to find any work here as that sort of stuff is mainly done by the Asian workforce.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:06 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=KJDub;6134013]We are considering moving to dubhai. /QUOTE]It might help to impress potential recruiters if you knew how to spell the name of your chosen destination. So what is so special about Dubai that made you choose here as opposed to the USA or Canada for example?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I had a friend who had a similar background and was unable to find any work here as that sort of stuff is mainly done by the Asian workforce.
For a lot less money than we would work for and a lot longer hours
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:11 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chris79
For a lot less money than we would work for and a lot longer hours
Unfortunately so..... You tend to find that there are fewer Western expat employees here than you first imagine. Employers here will only look at Western expats if they are 110% sure that they cant train, pay less and work harder someone from the sub-continent...

I know, I hire for a oil service company here and, more and more, we are hiring less and less Westerners....

Last edited by ScotsExpat; Mar 31st 2008 at 5:11 am. Reason: Grammar
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
Unfortunately so..... You tend to find that there are fewer Western expat employees here than you first imagine. Employers here will only look at Western expats if they are 110% sure that they cant train, pay less and work harder someone from the sub-continent...

I know, I hire for a oil service company here and, more and more, we are hiring less and less Westerners....
I guess we are the lucky ones then!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Chris79
I guess we are the lucky ones then!
The creme-de-la-creme, Chris old boy............ Either that or the only suckers your boss could find....

It could be that every sub-continent applicant told our bosses where to go and we were the only mugs willing to say 'OK'!!!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
The creme-de-la-creme, Chris old boy............ Either that or the only suckers your boss could find....

It could be that every sub-continent applicant told our bosses where to go and we were the only mugs willing to say 'OK'!!!
Hmmmmm Not sure which category I fall into there!
I must admit the painting the boss painted before I came over was one that was better than the real life, but saying all this. I know where I want to be/prefer to be (HERE)
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:10 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I can imagine in the printing industry, I hear that as well.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:40 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
yeah I can imagine in the printing industry, I hear that as well.
he got a great job in New Zealand though!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:47 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

he got a great job in New Zealand though!
sounds nice, you can buy amazing houses over there for not much cash at all.

Saying that my villa I've just moved into is literally twice the size of my £150k flat back home.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:57 am
Concierge

sounds nice, you can buy amazing houses over there for not much cash at all.

Saying that my villa I've just moved into is literally twice the size of my £150k flat back home.

lucky git, would love a villa, got bored with this apartment living now
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:02 am
why ayeeeee man!

lucky git, would love a villa, got bored with this apartment living now
you might not be so bored woken up 10 times by aeroplanes....
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:09 am

you might not be so bored woken up 10 times by aeroplanes....
Im still waiting to hear what my housing allowance is... Coz I work in JA, I have been looking at Springs, Meadows etc but the rental prices seem to jump exponentially every time I look aup Dubizzle.......

Anyone on here working in JA? If you are staying further away than Marina / Emirates Hills interchange, how long does it take to get to and from JA??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.