Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How long to get the Iqama in Saudi?

How long to get the Iqama in Saudi?

Old Oct 31st 2019, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

Annasdxb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long to get the Iqama in Saudi?

Hi it's me again

Was wondering how long does it take for an iqama to be issued? I currently live in Dubai with hubby, baby and nanny, and I am moving to Riyadh next month. Was hoping that everyone (including the nanny who has accepted to come with us!) Would follow pretty quickly....

But a friend of mine really scared me tonight, he told me it took more than 4 months for a friend to get his (he is French)!!! My company will apply for a family visa but I read that technically, my iqama needs to be issued 1st, right? I can't be away from my 1,5 year old baby for so long, this is really scaring me...

Apparently, things are getting slow on purpose because government would prefer companies to employ Saudi nationals, is this true?

I am really sad tonight.
Old Nov 2nd 2019, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long to get the Iqama in Saudi?

This depends on your Saudi sponsor ("Kafeel"). Getting the iqama is the first step. Some sponsors are in a position to get employees and dependants ther at the same time. That was the case when I worked there in a government job.

There is continuing pressure to employ citizens in preference to foreigners.
Old Nov 2nd 2019, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Annasdxb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scot47 View Post
This depends on your Saudi sponsor ("Kafeel"). Getting the iqama is the first step. Some sponsors are in a position to get employees and dependants ther at the same time. That was the case when I worked there in a government job.

There is continuing pressure to employ citizens in preference to foreigners.
All right Thank you.
I have no clue about the influence of the saudi sponsor of my company. I will be working for one of the ministries but as a consultant.

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for your iqamas and dependent's to be issued?

Thanks
Old Nov 3rd 2019, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

With thee airline - days. With the Min of High Ed - a few months. The airline insisted on a 3-month probation before my dependants could come. Min of Higher Education - we were able to go together

But that was in the 1990s (airline) and 2000's (Min of Higher Ed)
Old Nov 17th 2019, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

HiHo is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine arrived 2 weeks after the medical