Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How long can my mother stay in the Middle East for?

How long can my mother stay in the Middle East for?

Old Nov 5th 2008, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Learningtree22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long can my mother stay in the Middle East for?

My husband is in the middle of choosing between two jobs, one in Bahrain and the other in Abu Dhabi. My mother is on her own, and I would like to know how long she is able to stay in the Middle East for, and is there any opportunity of her living with us permanently while we are out there.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of
Default Re: How long can my mother stay in the Middle East for?

Originally Posted by Learningtree22 View Post
My husband is in the middle of choosing between two jobs, one in Bahrain and the other in Abu Dhabi. My mother is on her own, and I would like to know how long she is able to stay in the Middle East for, and is there any opportunity of her living with us permanently while we are out there.

you are one of the 32 or so countries you initially get 30 days on entry then pay for an extension for 30days then do visa runs to Oman, for sometimes 30 days or 60 day extensions (never quite figured why 30 or 60)I have a friend across here who has now been here 7 months, went to Hatta border last week and got a further 60 days extension,
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Live for now View Post
you are one of the 32 or so countries you initially get 30 days on entry then pay for an extension for 30days then do visa runs to Oman, for sometimes 30 days or 60 day extensions (never quite figured why 30 or 60)I have a friend across here who has now been here 7 months, went to Hatta border last week and got a further 60 days extension,
Soory meant to say not sure if its the same for Bahrain or AD
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:51 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Live for now View Post
That assumes she is British, which is by no means guaranteed given the number of non-Brits frequenting this Forum these days.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 5:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Learningtree22 View Post

you would have to sponsor her, it can be done but alot of paperwork etc.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
That assumes she is British, which is by no means guaranteed given the number of non-Brits frequenting this Forum these days.
It doesn't assume she is British could be from any one of the exempt countries
Old Nov 6th 2008, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

you can sponsor her but its a lot of paperwork, but you need to provide health insurance and also you have to prove that nowhere in your home country can look after her, ie you are the sole care giver etc. you have to sponsor each year and pay a big deposit and also fee per year
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

u dont have to prove that BB2 .....we looked into it recently and have the ball rolling it is quite an easy processxxxx
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:28 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

How long can my mother stay in the Middle East?

Depends what she is in for. DUI; 6 months and a no option ticket out. Causing death by car; anywhere from 6 months to 5 years plus 200'000 Dhs blood money and a no option ticket out. Murder; depends who but figure a slap on the wrist, blood money paid by a local charity and a no option ticket out. Sex on the Beach; same as murder but with out blood money, oh and a no option ticket out and around $250'000 dollars from a member of a reputable(?) media company.

Last edited by Roadking; Nov 7th 2008 at 10:31 am.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lobby lou View Post
u dont have to prove that BB2 .....we looked into it recently and have the ball rolling it is quite an easy processxxxx
How do you find out about the process? Do you have to visit the Embassy? or is there an earlier way?

Many Thanks
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:41 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe find the info. you are looking for here:-

http://www.dnrd.gov.ae/Dnrd/Transact...20Services#C46
Old Nov 13th 2008, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fairydust View Post
Maybe find the info. you are looking for here:-

http://www.dnrd.gov.ae/Dnrd/Transact...20Services#C46
Thank you Fairdust. The link has been really helpful.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

immigration should be able to help