Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How to get a visa for India in the UAE

How to get a visa for India in the UAE

Old May 27th 2010, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

shandolier is on a distinguished road
Default How to get a visa for India in the UAE

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated...

I am British and my wife is Australian. We live in Dubai, I work in Dubai, she works in Abu Dhabi.

We're going to India on holiday in September. We need to get a visa but my wife needs her passport pretty much every day for work so can't leave it at the Indian embassy for days on end.

Anyone know where & how to go about getting a visa?
Old May 27th 2010, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to get a visa for India in the UAE

You will probably have to go to the Indian Embassy like everybody else but feel free to do an on-line search first. So what does your wife do to necessitate keeping her passport with her at all times? Trained assassin?
Old May 27th 2010, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

shandolier is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lionheart
You will probably have to go to the Indian Embassy like everybody else but feel free to do an on-line search first. So what does your wife do to necessitate keeping her passport with her at all times? Trained assassin?
'I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you...'!

Cabin crew, actually!
Old May 27th 2010, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

you can get a visa - indian - at the post office now - sorry don't know the details - just heard someone talking about it.

hope this may help.
Old May 27th 2010, 5:46 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I needed to apply last autumn, but the Indian Embassy would only issue a single entry visa at that time--probably hasn't changed. I needed multiple entry for business. There was further difficulty because I had less than 3 empty pages in my passport.

I ended up sending my second UK passport to UK and applying there--got a one year multiple entry. Don't know how it would pan out for an Aussie.