Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How to get around that tricky man / woman work thing...

How to get around that tricky man / woman work thing...

Old May 30th 2007, 4:04 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to get around that tricky man / woman work thing...

A rather eye popping "solution" to the segregation of male and female workers...

In his fatwa, Dr Atiya, the head of al-Azhar's Department of Hadith, said such teachings could equally apply to adults.

He said that if a woman fed a male colleague "directly from her breast" at least five times they would establish a family bond and thus be allowed to be alone together at work.

BBC
Old May 30th 2007, 4:18 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get around that tricky man / woman work thing...

I am laughing so loud, I cannot think of a witty remark to make...maybe later
Old May 30th 2007, 4:23 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

The more you think about it, the worse it gets
Old May 30th 2007, 4:24 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

they must have got that idea from Bitty in Little Britain
Old May 30th 2007, 4:32 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
A rather eye popping "solution" to the segregation of male and female workers...

In his fatwa, Dr Atiya, the head of al-Azhar's Department of Hadith, said such teachings could equally apply to adults.

He said that if a woman fed a male colleague "directly from her breast" at least five times they would establish a family bond and thus be allowed to be alone together at work.

BBC
I can believe that. I was talking with some Arabs when I was in Doha and they talked about how a woman often breast-feeds other woman's children, and this creates a family tie, making the child being fed the sibling of the woman's own children. Or something.
Old May 30th 2007, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

BBC
I'm applying for a job in that company...And it should damn have at least 7 leggy blondes...
Old May 30th 2007, 6:17 am
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold

BBC
Two issues that I see:

1. The woman needs to be lactacting - most working women aren't

2. So far as I recall, the breastfeeding needs to take place before the man is 18 months/3 years or something. I'm sure I saw a limit (or maybe that was just the interpretation on another mad mullah site)

Other than that a great idea.
Old May 30th 2007, 6:34 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by secretdubai
Two issues that I see:

1. The woman needs to be lactacting - most working women aren't
I once saw a film at university called 'Milk Maids', the women were lactating but certainly were not pregnant.

Was very strange.
Old May 30th 2007, 7:01 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I once saw a film at university called 'Milk Maids', the women were lactating but certainly were not pregnant.

Was very strange.
you don't lactate when pregnant, it kicks in about 24 hours afterwards and you can breast feed for years - most people I would imgaine won't bother after about the age of 6 months but some do go on until toddler age.

Little Britains take on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8orUaCJ0GY
Old May 30th 2007, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

SAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you don't lactate when pregnant, it kicks in about 24 hours afterwards and you can breast feed for years - most people I would imgaine won't bother after about the age of 6 months but some do go on until toddler age.

Little Britains take on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8orUaCJ0GY
Old May 30th 2007, 7:22 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone tried camels milk?
What do you think?

I usually serve it to my unsuspecting guests from the uk
I tell them afterwards ..of course
Old May 30th 2007, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

SAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
What do you think?

Try to give them goats milk.................. they will not bother u again
Old May 30th 2007, 7:26 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
What do you think?

camel's milk is vile!
Old May 30th 2007, 7:28 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SAMS
Try to give them goats milk.................. they will not bother u again
Great idea ...Thanks!!!