Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How to find jobs in Dubai?

How to find jobs in Dubai?

Old Jun 28th 2007, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

tanvirmk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to find jobs in Dubai?

I am wondering abt the job market of Dubai n surrounding areas. Can someone refer to any good job site to search IT/telecom jobs in Dubai? Reading from the post, I can understand most of the ppl are from UK. I am having my masters degree from a Canadian university and can't understand if the employers have different rule for ppl coming from diff countries :curse:
This is my first post. I am sorry in advance if this is NOT the right place to ask this sort of question
Old Jun 29th 2007, 9:33 am

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to find jobs in Dubai?

Originally Posted by tanvirmk
I am wondering abt the job market of Dubai n surrounding areas. Can someone refer to any good job site to search IT/telecom jobs in Dubai? Reading from the post, I can understand most of the ppl are from UK. I am having my masters degree from a Canadian university and can't understand if the employers have different rule for ppl coming from diff countries :curse:
This is my first post. I am sorry in advance if this is NOT the right place to ask this sort of question
you are in the right place.. its weekend tho, and it looks like everyone is out and about, but I'm sure someone who can help will answer you in good time.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tanvirmk
Ican't understand if the employers have different rule for ppl coming from diff countries :curse:
Welcome Tanvi! Unfortunately that is the case (in sales and marketing at least).

But it appears to be changing - because it is getting increasingly difficult to attract good talent from India - given that salaries have shot up there and the cost of living is a lot cheaper. Four families in my building have left Dubai due to better opportunities in India.

I suggest you get some experience (if you have just graduated) under your belt before coming here - it is difficult for fresh grads to find work here.

Old Jun 29th 2007, 5:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

have a search, been asked plenty, also plenty of links to agencies and all that fun stuff tucked away in the wiki...and welcome to BE