Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How do I become a "UAE Expat on Paper" ?

How do I become a "UAE Expat on Paper" ?

Old Oct 23rd 2005, 4:54 pm
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of
Default How do I become a "UAE Expat on Paper" ?

if you're in it for the Tax benafits I mean?

1. Move from the UK to anywhere in Europe...
2. Step on a plane to Dubai...
3. Find yourself a nice little house that's been empty for years and write down the address details...
4. Fly back to the good old Europe...
5. Go to the City Hall of the City you're living in...
6. Change your domicile to the address in the UAE...
7. Change your bank account into "None Resident Account"...
8. Get yourself a nice credit card account somewhere outside of Europe...
9. Declare 0.00% income tax based on the UAE address you have...
10. Ask your employer to recognise "None Resident" status which saves him or her a fortune in social / income taxes...

And? Realise that with a six digit tax free income in Europe life is or can be "Damn good"...

As the UAE government doesn't release address details to European Tax people? In the hope they can honnestly compeat against the Swiss? Play the tax free game. Or do you really enjoy living in the desert that much? To quote Misses Viktoria Svenson (Dannish National) "I can guarantee you the tax free benafits of living in the UAE without even ever stepping on a plane and actually living there..." And the UAE Government? Tried their best to breng her to court five times. And five times they where kicked out of a Dannish Court in style. To quote a rather famous TV station in Holland "The UAE? Always was and always will be the virgin in a commercial whore house..."

Frans

Last edited by Frans Wind; Oct 23rd 2005 at 5:06 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 6:53 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I become a "UAE Expat on Paper" ?

Originally Posted by Frans Wind
if you're in it for the Tax benafits I mean?

1. Move from the UK to anywhere in Europe...
2. Step on a plane to Dubai...
3. Find yourself a nice little house that's been empty for years and write down the address details...
4. Fly back to the good old Europe...
5. Go to the City Hall of the City you're living in...
6. Change your domicile to the address in the UAE...
7. Change your bank account into "None Resident Account"...
8. Get yourself a nice credit card account somewhere outside of Europe...
9. Declare 0.00% income tax based on the UAE address you have...
10. Ask your employer to recognise "None Resident" status which saves him or her a fortune in social / income taxes...

And? Realise that with a six digit tax free income in Europe life is or can be "Damn good"...

As the UAE government doesn't release address details to European Tax people? In the hope they can honnestly compeat against the Swiss? Play the tax free game. Or do you really enjoy living in the desert that much? To quote Misses Viktoria Svenson (Dannish National) "I can guarantee you the tax free benafits of living in the UAE without even ever stepping on a plane and actually living there..." And the UAE Government? Tried their best to breng her to court five times. And five times they where kicked out of a Dannish Court in style. To quote a rather famous TV station in Holland "The UAE? Always was and always will be the virgin in a commercial whore house..."

Frans

What does the UAE gov has to do with a Danish not paying tax in Denmark?

This is already being practised here! many european when they deceide to leave dubai but they dont cancel their residency and they always enter and exit uae before their deadline for 6month out of country expires!

Why should we worry if Germans dont wanna pay to germany?
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 7:00 pm
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CasaNova
What does the UAE gov has to do with a Danish not paying tax in Denmark?

This is already being practised here! many european when they deceide to leave dubai but they dont cancel their residency and they always enter and exit uae before their deadline for 6month out of country expires!

Why should we worry if Germans dont wanna pay to germany?
Because... The UAE has a growing number of expats they don't even know excist. People that remain in Europe while on paper live in the UAE. The only difference is they actually never have been to the UAE. They use the "so called" tax free status of the UAE. You don't need a residence permit or visa. All you need is a house that is currently empty, something the UAE has plenty of. The owner(s) of the building / house / or what ever you call it don't even know you're "borrowing" the address. It's 100% legal.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 7:18 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Getting your company to collude with you in tax evasion... interesting.

And you have to leave the UK and find a permanent job and home somewhere in continental Europe before you do anything else?

I'm sceptical that this is a widespread practice, and even if it is, you can bet that the countries involved will start changing their tax laws to eliminate it.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 7:22 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frans Wind
Because... The UAE has a growing number of expats they don't even know excist. People that remain in Europe while on paper live in the UAE. The only difference is they actually never have been to the UAE. They use the "so called" tax free status of the UAE. You don't need a residence permit or visa. All you need is a house that is currently empty, something the UAE has plenty of. The owner(s) of the building / house / or what ever you call it don't even know you're "borrowing" the address. It's 100% legal.

I live in Piccadily street 11, Churchill road, House no 10. If i give this adress the UAE gov will ask me a home tel number and House contract! Its for thme to know that infact i live there.

If this is not an standard practise norm in Europe than there is something seriously wrong.

if people in europe are using our adresses here so what? does not harms us in any way!
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 7:27 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by GarethR
Getting your company to collude with you in tax evasion... interesting.

And you have to leave the UK and find a permanent job and home somewhere in continental Europe before you do anything else?

I'm sceptical that this is a widespread practice, and even if it is, you can bet that the countries involved will start changing their tax laws to eliminate it.

there are some european multi national firms that have opened up branches in DIC DMC etc. to evade taxes in europe and help there clients in europe in doing so! actaully they are making money in europe by doing so.

in dubai they dont have any business only a receptionist answering phone calls.

well in the end of the day UAE gets 150-200k per year only rental and Europe's woes get bigger!
Old Oct 25th 2005, 8:53 am
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold

It's 100% legal.
Well it's not legal, it's fraud, regardless of whether you can get away with it or not.

And you would have to spend no more than (90 days?) of the year in the UK to maintain your non-resident status - or the illusion of it.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:32 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by secretdubai
And you would have to spend no more than (90 days?) of the year in the UK to maintain your non-resident status - or the illusion of it.
As Frans describes it, you have to leave the UK and set up a permanent home and job in continental Europe before you address the UAE side of things... so it's only for the committed fraudster.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GarethR
As Frans describes it, you have to leave the UK and set up a permanent home and job in continental Europe before you address the UAE side of things... so it's only for the committed fraudster.
i'm perfectly happy living here!
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:22 am
Its good up North!

Uncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really nice

Originally Posted by barsha barbie
i'm perfectly happy living here!
Hello doll how ya doN? Out 2nite 4 a few