Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How to decide when to leave the ME

How to decide when to leave the ME

Old Jan 8th 2015, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to decide when to leave the ME

As per topic - ive been meaning to leave the Middle East - but complacency has set in...
Old Jan 8th 2015, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to decide when to leave the ME

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
As per topic - ive been meaning to leave the Middle East - but complacency has set in...
when you ask the question "how to decide when to leave."

As with all tough decisions, you generally make them too late.

Last edited by Millhouse; Jan 8th 2015 at 10:40 am.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Flyingdragon is a jewel in the roughFlyingdragon is a jewel in the roughFlyingdragon is a jewel in the roughFlyingdragon is a jewel in the roughFlyingdragon is a jewel in the rough

When you get on the plane after spending Christmas with your family for the first time in almost two decades, and say "I don't want to do this any more. I don't want to be in the Middle East any longer." And then you start making practical plans for how to leave within the next year.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Having lived abroad before and now being back in the UK for almost 5 years you realise that you are one of these people that just gets tired no matter where you go its just the time that it takes will vary for a number of reasons. When I see friends and school mates who have lived within a 10 mile radius of the old school! and think travelling abroad is 2 weeks all inclusive in Benidorm once a year! I know I have made the right choices! Can hardly wait to get back on the plane and wave this place goodbye for another 10 years!
Old Jan 11th 2015, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

When you would happily waste a complete day looking for a fray bentos pie. Currently at 0.5 days so reckon I am halfway through my tenure
Old Jan 11th 2015, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
When you would happily waste a complete day looking for a fray bentos pie. Currently at 0.5 days so reckon I am halfway through my tenure
they sell them in the pork section of spinneys, no need to waste half a day looking.
Old Jan 11th 2015, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
they sell them in the pork section of spinneys, no need to waste half a day looking.
Yes I have that Sussed now but it was a principle thing really however not all spineys have them and my wife wasted half a day running around till she found al wasl spinneys
Old Jan 11th 2015, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Flicked my lucky coin - another 6 months to remain here
Old Jan 11th 2015, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

EastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud of

The answer of your question is in my signature
Old Jan 11th 2015, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

NewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to behold

Having lived in the region for 2 years (2009-11) I knew it was time to leave when:

- No matter how I was paid, there was no incentive.

- The sun and the chance to go to the beach in January didn't excite me anymore (at least to live there full time).

- I started to look at the wrong things in the country (how unequal and unfair the society is, traffic rage, customer service, etc.) rather than the "good" things (see above).
Old Jan 11th 2015, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

kevork1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by busybee2

Pork in Spinneys? Really?! Thought it was just at QDC?
Old Jan 11th 2015, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

When the devil comes to take your soul.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

EastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kim67
When the devil comes to take your soul.
which one as they are too many?
Old Jan 12th 2015, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevork1984
Pork in Spinneys? Really?! Thought it was just at QDC?
UAE Spinneys not Qatar .
Old Jan 12th 2015, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Yes I have that Sussed now but it was a principle thing really however not all spineys have them and my wife wasted half a day running around till she found al wasl spinneys
always in the spinneys down here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.