Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How chewap are Cars in Dubai ?

How chewap are Cars in Dubai ?

Old May 13th 2009, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

jimmy.guilfoyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb How chewap are Cars in Dubai ?

Just wondering....

May be moving there soon.

Looking for an X5 for the Wife.. or something similar....

Maybe new or even a year old...

Thanks

Jimmy
Old May 13th 2009, 5:30 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How chewap are Cars in Dubai ?

Originally Posted by jimmy.guilfoyle
Just wondering....

May be moving there soon.

Looking for an X5 for the Wife.. or something similar....

Maybe new or even a year old...

Thanks

Jimmy
Haven't seen any chewaps, are they Chinese?
Old May 13th 2009, 5:31 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Haven't seen any chewaps, are they Chinese?
Does your wife know you are prepared to swap her for an X5?
Old May 13th 2009, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Does your wife know you are prepared to swap her for an X5?
mmmm Just read my post

V funny...

Just wondering what Prices are like ?
Old May 13th 2009, 6:23 pm
If I have to explain...

mmmm Just read my post

V funny...

Just wondering what Prices are like ?
X5's are not cheap here at around 185'000 to 230'000 AED. MB and BMW own the premium sector of the market and charge accordingly. The Japs are the real force though, Toyota claiming around 40% of total car sales. They have a good following but I find a bit samey and plasticy.

I, and Mrs RK, drive Volvo. Great cars and good value. I want the new XC60 starting around 140'000. Got an XC90 which I love but want the gadgets and gizmos with the XC60 and there are a boat load of them.

Might be worth checking www.automalluae.com for ideas.
Old May 13th 2009, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

X5's are not cheap here at around 185'000 to 230'000 AED. MB and BMW own the premium sector of the market and charge accordingly. The Japs are the real force though, Toyota claiming around 40% of total car sales. They have a good following but I find a bit samey and plasticy.

I, and Mrs RK, drive Volvo. Great cars and good value. I want the new XC60 starting around 140'000. Got an XC90 which I love but want the gadgets and gizmos with the XC60 and there are a boat load of them.

140000, Near enough the same starting Price as the UK.... 24k for the XC60 Basic Model...

So are cars really no different in Price?
Old May 13th 2009, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

mysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud of

140000, Near enough the same starting Price as the UK.... 24k for the XC60 Basic Model...

So are cars really no different in Price?
The way you are looking at it all depends on the exchange rate last year it was 7 dh to the £, now 5.5 (and rising). When you get over here have a good look around and do some hard bargaining. When my mate went looking a few months ago he had about 5 cars in mind and eventually went for an Infiniti as he managed to get around 30,000 dh's off (approx) because they seemed keenest to take his business...
Old May 14th 2009, 3:26 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

we have just got our first Volvo, (Company Car) it is an S60 I think, I haven't driven it yet but the husband is well impressed with it. Nice looking car.
Old May 14th 2009, 5:43 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

i have a chevrolet epica...

its brilliant and powerfull
Old May 15th 2009, 7:24 am
If I have to explain...

Originally Posted by commander
i have a chevrolet epica...

its brilliant and powerfull
brilliant white and powerfull smelling, right?