How Busy?

Old May 15th 2019, 5:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default How Busy?

Are you all?

Couldn't find the other thread, forgot what it was called.

Is it a dead Ramadan and dreading a dead summer?
Keeping busy?
Our apartment is due for renewal and we've found we can go much bigger in the same block for the same money / a tiny bit more. Sign of the times.

We're pretty well focused on KSA it seems. All roads lead to Saudi.
Old May 15th 2019, 5:11 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Busy?

For us its the busiest Ramadan I can remember in both UAE and the Middle East. Over the past three years Ramadan seems to be moving more towards normal working days, other than people fasting (and a sharp increase in near-death experiences on the roads) I don't see much difference.
Old May 15th 2019, 5:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
For us its the busiest Ramadan I can remember in both UAE and the Middle East. Over the past three years Ramadan seems to be moving more towards normal working days, other than people fasting (and a sharp increase in near-death experiences on the roads) I don't see much difference.
Ramadan isn't as good as it used to be. I miss it. It's too easy when there are brunches and all that.
That being said, I was in the UK for the first few days of it and will be in India for a few days next week so I'm doing a terrible job at maximising the shorter hours.
Old May 15th 2019, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Its deader than a dodo for us and for the next 4 months until Sept it will remain so - We did have a major investment but that has been delayed (until Sept)

Its a nice time with Ramadan and then the start of the holiday season
Old May 15th 2019, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

We've been busy with the runway rehabilitation but that's nailed now , a few projects to finish off but it's bleak . Its the worst iv seen here for a long while . A very quiet Ramadan indeed.
Old May 15th 2019, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Dead. Three fairly decent investments postponed to after Ramadan. Which means October or November, if at all.

Old May 16th 2019, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Personally, I'm busier....the same amount of work to do, but over less hours and trying to fit round reduced school hours.
Arriving at work too late, leaving too early, and never getting anywhere close to the bottom of the To Do list!

The big difference this year seems to be with the amount of cafes/restaurants open for Dine In during the day (screened off), where before they would have been take away only, this is all good.
Old May 16th 2019, 4:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ditzy
Personally, I'm busier....the same amount of work to do, but over less hours and trying to fit round reduced school hours.
Arriving at work too late, leaving too early, and never getting anywhere close to the bottom of the To Do list!

The big difference this year seems to be with the amount of cafes/restaurants open for Dine In during the day (screened off), where before they would have been take away only, this is all good.
I'm so much more efficient in Ramadan. I do the same amount of work I reckon but instead of dragging it out to 10 hours, I do it in 8. It's lovely.

Disagree on the cafes, I preferred it when it was something you had to think about and 'suffer'. It's too easy now. It used to be fun.
Old May 16th 2019, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm so much more efficient in Ramadan. I do the same amount of work I reckon but instead of dragging it out to 10 hours, I do it in 8. It's lovely.

Disagree on the cafes, I preferred it when it was something you had to think about and 'suffer'. It's too easy now. It used to be fun.
why drag it over 8 when 5 will do.
Old May 16th 2019, 11:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse

why drag it over 8 when 5 will do.
Presenteeism counts for A LOT in some parts of this business.

Still, got a few work trips coming in the next month so can't moan for seeing the world on company dollar. Even if the ***** won't pay for bizzo on the longest of long hauls....life as a pleb eh.
Old May 16th 2019, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
Presenteeism counts for A LOT in some parts of this business.

Still, got a few work trips coming in the next month so can't moan for seeing the world on company dollar. Even if the ***** won't pay for bizzo on the longest of long hauls....life as a pleb eh.
Ah, we also have a concept of facetime - and also the concept of claiming you're incredibly busy when in fact you are not.

I'm super honest, leave when I want and will always tell people when I'm not busy... as when I'm busy I'm not talking to anyone. I'm always amazed at how people can sit around chatting for hours and claim they are busy. Occasionally people will be honest with me as I normally call them out when they claim they are busy by asking for specific details on project details, deadlines, process milestones etc.