Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How Big is Football over in Dubai?

How Big is Football over in Dubai?

Old Apr 19th 2005, 8:24 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Talksoccer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 29
Talksoccer will become famous soon enough
Default How Big is Football over in Dubai?

I was wondering how big is football over there, do they have any soccer leagues and what level of football is it compared to english football. I have done some of my football licences and i was wondering is there any jobs in helping younger people in developing in football skills over there, is this possible? Or even as im young enough maybe even to try out in some of the football leagues there and maybe go out for a tryout.
Talksoccer is offline  
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:13 pm
  #2  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How Big is Football over in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Talksoccer
I was wondering how big is football over there, do they have any soccer leagues and what level of football is it compared to english football. I have done some of my football licences and i was wondering is there any jobs in helping younger people in developing in football skills over there, is this possible? Or even as im young enough maybe even to try out in some of the football leagues there and maybe go out for a tryout.
hello talk soccer. Welcome to the forum.

U r the first person to ask about footie jobs..... yeah there are a fair few football clubs and there is obviously a local legue, but its mainly for the resident Emarati poulation and isnt really followed by expats. Dont let that fool you though... they need help with their game and they hire loads of expat coaches all the time, both for their league teams, but the (crappy...LOL) international team as well.

U will be interested to know that Man U are setting up a footie training club/facility in Dubai at Dubai Land's Sports City. Will be one the first forays that Man U has made into setting up such a facility outside the UK, so I am sure they will be hiring people at the mo...... opens in a couple of years if I remember correctly.

You may try and get intouch with the club here in the UK, or u could try to contact the Sports City authorities directly and ask them. U can reach them through Dubai Land's website I should think:

www.dubailand.ae

as for getting jobs with local clubs...... hmmmmmmm.........

try the Al Nasr football club's site for more info on that top club:
http://www.worldfootball.org/club.ph...lub/1000006256

Al Ahli Football Club: +9714 266 0528

Al Wasl Football Club: [email protected]
tel #: +9714 324 1666



or the U.A.E olympic committee:
[email protected]
tel #: +9714 268 7333

I hope that helps u out a bit. Enjoy the forum mate!

feel free to PM (private message) me or e-mail me or ask any other questions that u may have on here.





Bob...... FAQ additions, i think.

Last edited by Face81; Apr 19th 2005 at 9:25 pm.
Face81 is offline  
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:27 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Talksoccer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 29
Talksoccer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How Big is Football over in Dubai?

Wow thats a lot of help mate, i will be getting in touch with a few companies that you have suggeseted.

I have looked in getting a place in America for my soccer coaching or even playing there at some sort of level, but there visa rules are just plain stupid and i aint even going to even bother.

So with Dubai having a lot of potential i would love to get some sort of football coaching or even if possible playing at some level. I know a lot of world class superstars are heading to leagues in Qatar and other Middle east countries but i can see football really developing in Dubai given its quick development.
Talksoccer is offline  
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:41 pm
  #4  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How Big is Football over in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Talksoccer
Wow thats a lot of help mate, i will be getting in touch with a few companies that you have suggeseted.

I have looked in getting a place in America for my soccer coaching or even playing there at some sort of level, but there visa rules are just plain stupid and i aint even going to even bother.

So with Dubai having a lot of potential i would love to get some sort of football coaching or even if possible playing at some level. I know a lot of world class superstars are heading to leagues in Qatar and other Middle east countries but i can see football really developing in Dubai given its quick development.
No probs mate. Glad I could be of help. Thats what us Oracles do. lol.

Dubai has loads and loads of footie clubs, but I am not sure that they all have websites that i am aware of.

I hope u enjoy the forum and feel free to keep asking more q's!

U in the UK then i take it? where abouts if we may ask?
Face81 is offline  
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:48 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Talksoccer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 29
Talksoccer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How Big is Football over in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Face81
No probs mate. Glad I could be of help. Thats what us Oracles do. lol.

Dubai has loads and loads of footie clubs, but I am not sure that they all have websites that i am aware of.

I hope u enjoy the forum and feel free to keep asking more q's!

U in the UK then i take it? where abouts if we may ask?
Yeh im British and based in Birmingham. Yeh will definally be sticking around, i have heard loads of great things about Dubai and will want to go on a holiday sometime there. But will try this football thing and hopefully we will be looking at the next Roy Keane and not the next Phil Neville
Talksoccer is offline  
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:54 pm
  #6  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How Big is Football over in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Talksoccer
Yeh im British and based in Birmingham. Yeh will definally be sticking around, i have heard loads of great things about Dubai and will want to go on a holiday sometime there. But will try this football thing and hopefully we will be looking at the next Roy Keane and not the next Phil Neville

cool.

Am in London myself, but am heading back to Dubai next thurs. Dubai is home!

Roy???!!!!!! If u want to impress me, u will have to try and be the next Robbie Keane...... am slightly biased ya know? LOLOLOLOL
Face81 is offline  
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:25 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Talksoccer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 29
Talksoccer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How Big is Football over in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Face81
cool.

Am in London myself, but am heading back to Dubai next thurs. Dubai is home!

Roy???!!!!!! If u want to impress me, u will have to try and be the next Robbie Keane...... am slightly biased ya know? LOLOLOLOL
Roy Keane is someone i always have looked up to and my football game is based around him

Robbie Keane is decent but he cant get in the spurs first 11 at the moment

Theres only one Keano
Talksoccer is offline  
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:34 pm
  #8  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How Big is Football over in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Talksoccer
Roy Keane is someone i always have looked up to and my football game is based around him

Robbie Keane is decent but he cant get in the spurs first 11 at the moment

Theres only one Keano
such cheek for a newbie! LOL

here....... have a free avatar on me.... ur cheekiness has earned the Oracles respect......


















ps......... Robbie is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better at footie than Roy!
Attached Images    
Face81 is offline  
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:46 pm
  #9  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Talksoccer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 29
Talksoccer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How Big is Football over in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Face81
such cheek for a newbie! LOL

here....... have a free avatar on me.... ur cheekiness has earned the Oracles respect......


ps......... Robbie is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better at footie than Roy!
Haha thanks for the avatar.

SO what do you in Dubai, got a job over there too or just working in London or neither
Talksoccer is offline  
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:59 pm
  #10  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How Big is Football over in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Talksoccer
Haha thanks for the avatar.

SO what do you in Dubai, got a job over there too or just working in London or neither
no job in Dubai, yet...... am an MSc. student here in London.... my 5 month summer break kicks off next thursday when I fly home, business class!

I have no job here either, but work in Dubai will come soon... am following two good leads.

Now, this Oracle is getting sleepy....... am only a wee lad and I need my 8 hours. LOL

I would like to see one of those avatars under your tag...... go on..... select one.

I will be on tomorrow, so I hope to chat with u again.

It was great to meet ya mate. Will talk to ya tom.






ps....... IRELAND rules!





Face81 is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2005, 5:46 am
  #11  
BE Enthusiast
 
Palm Tree's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 927
Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice
Default Re: How Big is Football over in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Talksoccer
I was wondering how big is football over there, do they have any soccer leagues and what level of football is it compared to english football. I have done some of my football licences and i was wondering is there any jobs in helping younger people in developing in football skills over there, is this possible? Or even as im young enough maybe even to try out in some of the football leagues there and maybe go out for a tryout.
On the smaller scale of football, here are the details of two kids coaches:

E.S.S.E (UAE English Soccer School of Excellence
James Masterman
[email protected]

e-Sports Football Academy
www.e-sportsdubai.com
[email protected]

I have their phone numbers but I am not sure they would appreciate for me to make them public. Even if these clubs are nothing for you, maybe you can just pick their brains and get some valuable info. All the best.
Palm Tree is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:36 am
  #12  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How Big is Football over in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Talksoccer
Haha thanks for the avatar.

SO what do you in Dubai, got a job over there too or just working in London or neither
thats a nice avatar.
Face81 is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:37 am
  #13  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How Big is Football over in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
On the smaller scale of football, here are the details of two kids coaches:

E.S.S.E (UAE English Soccer School of Excellence
James Masterman
[email protected]

e-Sports Football Academy
www.e-sportsdubai.com
[email protected]

I have their phone numbers but I am not sure they would appreciate for me to make them public. Even if these clubs are nothing for you, maybe you can just pick their brains and get some valuable info. All the best.
cool....... hope he finds it useful aunty PT.
Face81 is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:09 am
  #14  
Up in the air
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: I'm global baby!!!!!!
Posts: 7,263
Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Big is Football over in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Face81
cool....... hope he finds it useful aunty PT.
Saw Alan Shearer at the Dubai races the other week.

nice man, dull as you like but friendly enough
Jammy_Dodgers is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:11 am
  #15  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How Big is Football over in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Saw Alan Shearer at the Dubai races the other week.

nice man, dull as you like but friendly enough
Alot of the magpies were over in Dubai about 10 days ago.... they were even spotted at Scarlets. Heard they were staying at ET as well.

this talk soccer fella wants to train/play at local clubs.
Face81 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.