How bad is Doha?

Old Feb 15th 2012, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all
Default Re: How bad is Doha?

Originally Posted by MrBAH
Many Thanks,

And where is good to live - i.e. nice private villa or compound communities? Ideally, placed near the sea....
compounds and villas are generally not near the sea. Depends on your budget.

There is a very nice villa on the Pearl by the sea but at £10,000 month it is probably not what you are looking for.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrBAH
Many Thanks,

And where is good to live - i.e. nice private villa or compound communities? Ideally, placed near the sea....
Near the sea? You might be in for a disappiontment, there, I'm afraid.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

MrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really nice

What about West Bay Lagoon? Bear in mind I would try and get as much money out of my would-be employer for accommodation as humanly possible. Some of the properties are priced at 50,000QR which seems astronomical !
Old Feb 15th 2012, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

dono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant future

To CDB ans others, hi guys, I don't intend to interrupt the thread but people here look pretty knowledgeable and may help me. I have been offered at the same time 2 packages, pretty identical. One is for a major government investment organization in Abu Dhabi (AED 30k basic, 20k housing + full benefits + school). The other is in Doha with QP (QR 30k basic, 15k housing + full benefits + school). I'm married with 2 kids (4 and 1) and we're not very out goers, our expenses are pretty reasonable. Which one do you think is worth the move, and how much would you think we can save? I'm thinking AD but with all the future awaiting Qatar especially with the WC, and also, it seems to me that QP offers more job security and long term career advancement than AD. Am I right or wrong? Please help me out guys as I have to decide very soon? Thx
Old Feb 15th 2012, 3:45 pm
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

im sure if you make a poll with this question the vote will be out of thousand 990 will say abu dhabi and max. 10 will say Doha. Even if the Salary is less in AD for arround 5k the result will be the same!

Qatar is a shithole!!
Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guuuude
im sure if you make a poll with this question the vote will be out of thousand 990 will say abu dhabi and max. 10 will say Doha. Even if the Salary is less in AD for arround 5k the result will be the same!

Qatar is a shithole!!
Roger that
Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:36 pm
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all

Qatar is a shithole's shithole.

There is f**k all here but sand and ignorant f****n arabs who drive like maniacs, kiss each other and spray loads of perfume on themselves, and that is only the men.

You want a lot of money to come and put up with this place.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

dono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant future

Abbey, when you say a lot of money, you mean more than what I was offered?

I guess AD is much more pleasant, but I'm looking for a mid to long term commitment, and my feeling that QP would provide me with a guaranteed job security than Investment AD. Wrong?
Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:45 pm
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

Originally Posted by dono
Abbey, when you say a lot of money, you mean more than what I was offered?

I guess AD is much more pleasant, but I'm looking for a mid to long term commitment, and my feeling that QP would provide me with a guaranteed job security than Investment AD. Wrong?
long term commitment in doha???????????????????:thum bdown:

Doha is exactly the opposite, grap as much money as you in can in the shortest time as possible and leave!
Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

long term commitment in doha???????????????????:thum bdown:

Doha is exactly the opposite, grap as much money as you in can in the shortest time as possible and leave!
And precisely how many stadiums will be ready in time?
Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:49 pm
Kraut

My situation is like that,

Money shit
Job very good
Lifestyle shit

In Dubai it was

Money good
Job Shit
Lifestyle ok

I will move to DU for

Money ok
Job ok
Lifestyle very good

As youre looking for long term commitent i guess lifestyle must be the most important thing, with a shitty lifestyle money never can equal the pain!!!
Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My situation is like that,

Money shit
Job very good
Lifestyle shit

In Dubai it was

Money good
Job Shit
Lifestyle ok

I will move to DU for

Money ok
Job ok
Lifestyle very good

As youre looking for long term commitent i guess lifestyle must be the most important thing, with a shitty lifestyle money never can equal the pain!!!
All depends upon whether you want the screaming Ab-Dhabs, or the Doha downers ( down, down deeper and down...)
Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:52 pm
Kraut

Originally Posted by OleJanx
And precisely how many stadiums will be ready in time?

i have so many questions about this xxxxxxx worldchampionship.

Stadiums
heat
traffic
public transport
Accomodation
Airport.

I dont know how many billions has payed as commisions to whomever to give it in the middle of bloody nowhere. I still dont get it!!!!!!!
Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:53 pm
Kraut

Originally Posted by OleJanx
All depends upon whether you want the screaming Ab-Dhabs, or the Doha downers ( down, down deeper and down...)
none of them. im done with this part of the world. The clock is ticking 2 months 15 days left!
Old Feb 15th 2012, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Fahd will become famous soon enoughFahd will become famous soon enough

what kind of job you have been offered??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.