Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

housing in dubai - how much, where, etc

housing in dubai - how much, where, etc

Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

matt1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default housing in dubai - how much, where, etc

I have been offered a job in Dubai for just under $3000US per month, and am in need of some advice regarding housing. Having spent a number of months out there in 2002, I do know the areas but as they say with Dubai, you need to go there every year to see how its changed. My girlfriend will move with me, so we are looking to have 2 incomes but where shoudl i begin looking? I have seen various ads so if anyone has advice, please help
Old Mar 1st 2004, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Nevi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: housing in dubai - how much, where, etc

It kind of depends on what you want - flat or villa, in the city, or in a 'suburban' area. Also, are you being given a housing allowance, or do you have to pay for you own accomodation - as in what kind of budget are you looking at. I'm sure you know from being here last year that the prices in different areas vary greatly. Also, where is your job going to be based - as you probably don't want the hassle fo crossing the creek every day, and might think twice about living in the lakes etc if you are working in town somewhere. However, if you are based in media city etc somewhere like the Lakes would be very convenient. It might help to search through some of the other threads in this section, as some other people had the same question, and it may well help you out.