Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Housing Allowance - uses

Housing Allowance - uses

Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

yeehi is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Housing Allowance - uses

Is it common in Dubai for the housing allowance to be used to purchase a property in which to live?

Is it a good idea/permitted/difficult?
Old Dec 28th 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Housing Allowance - uses

totally depends on your deal...

if your company gives you say 200,000AED pa for rental allowance then i would imagine its up to you what you do with it

if they give you an budget of 200,000AED to find a property that will go in their name then obviously not
Old Dec 28th 2007, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: Housing Allowance - uses

It would be with the corporate section of the Jumeirah group.

They collect the receipts, if that is any help.

Last edited by yeehi; Dec 28th 2007 at 7:56 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 9:53 pm
str
Forum Regular

str is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yeehi
It would be with the corporate section of the Jumeirah group.

They collect the receipts, if that is any help.
Let mrs. yeehi buy the villa/appartment, mr. yeehi is leasing it and passes the receipts to jumeirah's accountant?!?!
(if you are mrs. yeehi v.v. of course...)
Old Dec 28th 2007, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: Housing Allowance - uses

I will have to ask them if that sort of thing is OK.

It sounds reasonable enough. Has anybody ever heard of companies objecting to similar sorts of arrangements?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:36 am
str
Forum Regular

str is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yeehi
I will have to ask them if that sort of thing is OK.

It sounds reasonable enough. Has anybody ever heard of companies objecting to similar sorts of arrangements?
You could set up a property company with the purpose of financing, maintaining etc (your) property - this should work for sure.
Friends of mine did that but in a different country and for a different purpose, could be a bit difficoult in the UAE though.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 11:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by str
You could set up a property company with the purpose of financing, maintaining etc (your) property - this should work for sure.
Friends of mine did that but in a different country and for a different purpose, could be a bit difficoult in the UAE though.
way too expensive, you would need a trade license and an office etc