Reload this Page >

Hotels/Apartment Hotels in KSA

Hotels/Apartment Hotels in KSA

Old May 10th 2009, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Thunderbirds Are Go is on a distinguished road
Default Hotels/Apartment Hotels in KSA

All,

I am looking to bring a team of engineers (10 staff) into KSA, based in Riyadh predominantly. They would be here for a period of 6-12 Months. I wanted to know if any of you had experience with the following:

1. Where should they reside: hotels, apartment hotels, compounds?
2. What is typical allowance rate per diem?
3. How much would meals & accomodation cost?

Would you have any recommendations for any otehr Cities: Jeddah, Dammam etc..

Thanks
Old May 10th 2009, 9:39 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hotels/Apartment Hotels in KSA

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...de-Riyadh.html

this site is pretty handy for accomodation feedback etc
Old May 10th 2009, 1:02 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Thunderbirds Are Go
All,

I am looking to bring a team of engineers (10 staff) into KSA, based in Riyadh predominantly. They would be here for a period of 6-12 Months. I wanted to know if any of you had experience with the following:

Thanks
ideal world scenario would be to get them all into a couple of villas on the same compound, however getting even one villa at the moment is a bit like finding a geordie lass who's a virgin. so, get onto the compounds now and have a chat with them (don't rely on emails, call them!). alternatively, you could try booking out a couple apartments in a semi-serviced apartment building. (try http://www.alshowaier.com/ as a starting point)

accomodation costs are hard to estimate, but a fully-furnished off compound 2x bed apartment is in the SAR45k per annum bracket with oncompound being from about SAR80k and up. typical per diem is upwards of SAR100 and meals go from SAR15 for a big mac, SAR40 for a better burger, and SAR100 for two people at a middle-to-nice restaurant. eating in the hotels is extortionate and one meal will quickly obliterate your per diem.
Old May 10th 2009, 1:41 pm
Northerner - Obhur

Spurss is on a distinguished road

All,

Thanks
hya

i think :

- compounds would be better
- work + waching football matches & sleep
- do not care about it if we say breakfast 10 SR , lunch 15 SR, dinner 10 SR << this is for me

ciao
Old May 10th 2009, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by still.unsure
ideal world scenario would be to get them all into a couple of villas on the same compound, however getting even one villa at the moment is a bit like finding a geordie lass who's a virgin. so, get onto the compounds now and have a chat with them (don't rely on emails, call them!). alternatively, you could try booking out a couple apartments in a semi-serviced apartment building. (try http://www.alshowaier.com/ as a starting point)

accomodation costs are hard to estimate, but a fully-furnished off compound 2x bed apartment is in the SAR45k per annum bracket with oncompound being from about SAR80k and up. typical per diem is upwards of SAR100 and meals go from SAR15 for a big mac, SAR40 for a better burger, and SAR100 for two people at a middle-to-nice restaurant. eating in the hotels is extortionate and one meal will quickly obliterate your per diem.
cheers, i was told of cedar village as one option, or al hamra as a second.
do you know of any compounds that may have availability..?
Old May 10th 2009, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Spurss
hya

i think :

- compounds would be better
- work + waching football matches & sleep
- do not care about it if we say breakfast 10 SR , lunch 15 SR, dinner 10 SR << this is for me

ciao
Thanks Spurss
Old May 10th 2009, 6:53 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

do you know of any compounds that may have availability..?
do you know of any geordie lasses who are virgins?

(sorry, a bit rude, my apologies.)

all the compounds are full and a lot of companies are buying up any available leases for their staff. you want to get talking to the managers NOW to try and sort it out.

(there's a list of compound numbers on the wiki http://britishexpats.com/wiki/COMPOUNDS_IN_RIYADH)

Last edited by still.unsure; May 10th 2009 at 6:56 pm. Reason: link for wiki
Old May 10th 2009, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

all the compounds are full and a lot of companies are buying up any available leases for their staff. you want to get talking to the managers NOW to try and sort it out.

(there's a list of compound numbers on the wiki http://britishexpats.com/wiki/COMPOUNDS_IN_RIYADH)
cheers again....
Old May 11th 2009, 3:52 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

that should have said Maccam lasses